Boys Essentials Assistant Buyer - Lutterworth
Are you an Assistant Buyer looking for an opportunity to expand your expertise in a business that actively encourages your growth?
Our buying team is where art meets science with a need to be both analytical with a strong business sense and creative fashion savvy, constantly trend spotting with a passion for all things product!
In this incredibly fast moving and ever-changing environment, you'll be part of the team that creates, builds and executes a unique to George product proposition across all channels to inspire our customer, meet their needs and delivering commercial value.
We have an exciting opportunity for an assistant buyer to join us. In this role, you will play a critical role within the team to develop, source and drive a department strategy.
It is a brilliant opportunity for someone who is looking to progress their career in fashion buying and is passionate about delivering stylish and affordable pieces that have the power to inspire joy and an unexpected smile.
The role is for our Boys Essentials department and sits within our Kids Essentials mission. We are so proud of both our Kidswear and Essentials business at George and as No.1 volume retailer this mission plays a pivotal role within the George business.
We want to know your thoughts and we want to hear your voice. As the Assistant Buyer you will be empowered to contribute to the research of ranges and market information, informing decision making and driving product development, whilst keeping the George customer at the heart of what we do.
- It is essential for this role that you have experience within a retail fashion buying environment and a passion for product.
- You must have experience in working with UK and overseas suppliers/ factories to develop multi category product as well as a strong critical path understanding will be key
- A broad knowledge of Excel and PowerPoint and an innovative approach and desire to drive a more digital way of working
- Enthralled & intrigued by our customer and an unrivalled passion for product and able to demonstrate
- Commercially savvy and driven by financial success. Ability to interpret data and focus on what will deliver value to the business.
- Agile, flexible, open to change and with a test-and-learn mindset, working at pace.
If flexible working is important to you, then look no further! At George, we are proud of our culture and our commitment to flexible working. This role is based at George House, Lutterworth with the opportunity to work from home 1- 2 days per week
You will also get an excellent benefits package including;-
- Discretionary company bonus
- Company pension up to 7% matched
- 10% colleague discount, free parking and many additional rewards.
We want all colleagues to be able to bring their best and true selves to work, every day. Simply put, we want our colleagues to be Proud to be George and proud to be themselves.