Daylesford: people who want to make a difference
At the core of Daylesford is our care for the environment, our animals and our people. For over forty years we’ve strived to inspire change and nurture growth, and our teams are made up of people who take pride in what they do every day. We know that together we can make a difference for the future of our planet and the wellbeing of our customers.
Our Daylesford family is growing, and we are looking for an engaging and passionate Pastry Chef to join our Pastry Production team at Daylesford.
With amazing career progression, we will train and develop you every step of the way to be the best that you can be with the opportunity to build your career with us.
Full-time contract, minimum 45 hours per week (guaranteed) with overtime potential up to 48 hours per week. £10.20 - £11.20 per hour depending on experience, c.£24,000 per year.
Shifts are generally between 6 am and 4 pm, Monday – Friday, with occasional weekend work required.
- Competitive salary
- Training and development to advance your career
- 28 days holiday (incl. bank holiday)
- 50% staff lunch discount
- 30% company discount
- Refer a friend scheme – up to £1,000
- Stakeholder pension scheme
- Subsidised private medical insurance
- Free uniform
As a Pastry Chef at Daylesford, you will be working towards producing the highest-quality of Patisserie goods in our production unit. Our production team provides products for all our stores, cafes and wholesale business. You’ll be using only organic ingredients, many locally sourced. Our range includes brownies, cakes, biscuits and lots of seasonal specials like mince pies and hot cross bun fudge!
The ideal candidate will be a strong team player with a passion for great pastry work and great quality organic produce. You will be working within a fast-paced, varied and extremely rewarding environment. Pastry experience is essential, ideally from the artisanal production environment. Uniform and Safety Shoes are provided
- Execute/bake a wide range of pastries, cakes, biscuits, scones, tarts, puddings and other confectionaries to the highest possible standards
- Ensure that all products have fully recorded traceability throughout the entire production process
- Continually strive towards the improvement in quality of Patisserie products
- Work safely and efficiently to ensure that all daily orders are completed at a fulfilment rate of 98% or above
- Comply with the production unit’s internal audit requirements
- To adhere to the standards set out by the Soil Association and SALSA Auditors
If you would like to be part of our truly unique business – we would love to hear from you. Please send us your CV today.
We aim to attract, recruit and develop people from a wide range of backgrounds, with different perspectives, ideas and experiences. We seek to create a productive environment, representative of different cultures and groups, where everyone has an equal chance to succeed. If you feel you need any reasonable adjustments to be made in order to apply for a vacancy at Daylesford, please contact the Recruitment Team by visiting our website.