Assistant Bar Manager - Mottram Hall
The Assistant Bar Manager is responsible for the management and running of the Bar and associated beverage areas in the hotel, ensuring a high standard of service and providing a memorable experience to all Champneys guests. You will lead your team in ensuring that there is effective management, and that the team are fully trained in all aspects of the bar and service runs smoothly.
We have high standards and in-depth knowledge of our Food and Beverage; you will ensure these standards are maintained and your team is consistently informed and motivated to deliver an exceptional service.
Some duties and responsibilities include;
- To ensure all Food and Beverage, specifically the Bar meets budgeted targets.
- To maximise average spends by implementing appropriate training and communication systems in the department.
- To work closely with the Cost Controller to monitor stock movement, to ensure stock security and to adjust prices where necessary to ensure correct margins are met.
- To follow the correct stock ordering procedures as outlined by the Cost Controller
- To provide training and development for employees in Food and Beverage procedures.
- To develop a close working relationship with all departments, colleagues and managers to ensure guest expectations are met.
- To develop strong working relationships with all customers in order to maximise sales opportunities and generate business for the future.
- To foresee and make provision for peaks and troughs in staff levels so that staff shortages are not a common factor.
We work in times of constant evolution and development; it is therefore an essential requirement that you remain to be knowledgeable in your specialist area and use this knowledge to support your team and ensure that the highest standards are met.