Senior Sous Chef - Forest Mere
45hrs per week
As the prestigious and luxurious brand that we are, we are focused on wellness and wellbeing, our delicious food offering also reflects this. Our kitchen brigades are creative, imaginative and have a desire to provide outstanding, wholesome dishes to our guests.
Your main responsibility will be assisting the Head Chef in the management and running of the kitchen ensuring your team stay motivated and all food is prepared to the highest standard and providing a fine dining experience to Champneys guests.
Other key responsibilities include;
- Supporting with menu development and design taking into account the nutritional requirement of Champneys healthy eating cuisine.
- Supporting the Head Chef in recruiting, managing, training and performance of all kitchen staff to Champneys high standards.
- Taking responsibility for the management and running of the Kitchen in the absence of the Head Chef including supervising of staff.
- Updating the People System in relation to daily hours worked by staff members and to complete rotas as instructed in the absence of the Head Chef
- Responsible for the preparation and presentation of our buffets and food on the menus.
- Maintain & improve standard of service and operating standards, ensuring maximum guest satisfaction
- To gain a working knowledge of the Champneys healthy eating philosophy and ensure staff are trained and philosophy is implemented in department
- To maintain a high level of cleanliness in the Kitchen ensuring compliance with legislative standards.
- To order food items for all outlets checking on prices, quality and quantity. To ensure that the nominated suppliers are used on all occasions.
- Control departmental food cost expenditure and to minimize food wastage