We are Places Leisure, part of the Places for People Group; we are placemakers; our work impacts on the lives of people across the U.K. – providing homes to live in, communities to retire to, spaces to stay active, supported homes for independent living, and student accommodation. Our places work when they work for everyone.
How do we do all this? By surrounding ourselves with active people, supportive people and customer focused people. Our people live and breathe our SPIRIT values; we are the place for spirited people.
So, we want you to join us and the 12,000 other colleagues on our journey; colleagues who have helped us create places, maintain 209,000 homes, manage £4.5 billion of assets, deliver £87.9m in social value and teach 80,000 children to swim each week
More about the role
We have an exciting new opportunity for a Self-Employed Personal Trainer, at Places Leisure, where you will be working in a fun, lively environment with likeminded people. You will help to inspire others to work together and deliver their very best. With your previous experience in the fitness industry, you will be full of enthusiasm and love talking with people whilst motivating others and feel confident in giving suitable health and fitness advice that will match each customer's individual aspirations and goals.
All Personal Trainers should hold a minimum of CIMSPA Affiliate/Reps Level 3, and it would be ideal if you were to hold CIMSPA Practitioner/Reps level 3.
More about you
- You will be a driven and self-motivated individual who has exceptional organisational skills to manage their own clients.
- You'll need confident sales skills to build your client base and deliver inspiring sessions.
- Always putting the customers' needs at the forefront of everything you do and have the ability to create personable and meaningful relationships.
- Maintain an interest in your continuous personal development by maintaining a high level of knowledge and play an active part in keeping on top of new trends within the industry.
- Carry out initial inductions and ensure that customers are using the equipment safely and correctly.
- You will be comfortable working with customers of all abilities, no matter what stage they are in their fitness journey. You will be able to set and monitor programmes as appropriate.
- You will work with individuals running Personal Training and small group sessions, be happy to offer Personal Training sessions as an additional service and look to take on new PT clients from face-to-face interactions and basic marketing tools.
- Work as a team to keep our facilities clean and safe, adhering to regulations and our company procedures. Our teams maintain consistent standards; therefore, you will want to be your best, in everything you do.
Our ambition gives you all the challenge you could wish for and that's why we can offer you tangible and exciting career progression in a diverse and pioneering business.
Here people can flourish, thrive, better themselves and work in fantastic communites with inspirational colleagues and customers.
We know that there's always more we can do to make you smile, that's why we offer a comprehensive benefits package to help colleagues save money or make their lives a little bit easier; from a pension, generous holiday pay, training, sick pay, and free or discounted gym membership - to a wealth of extra perks including interest-free loans for colleagues, discounts and offers on thousands of retailers, restaurants and leisure outlets and much more.