Kitchen Porter – Rookery Hall Hotel & Spa
Do you know which role keeps a professional kitchen running smoothly? It’s probably not the role you think it is – our Head Chef and his brigade would be the first one's to admit that it’s down to the Kitchen Porters.
At Hand Picked Hotels, our Kitchen Porters play a vital role in making sure the kitchen and all of the equipment is kept clean and ready for service.
The person we are looking for will enjoy maintaining a clean working environment, being active and working with the Chefs to complete daily and weekly tasks. You’ll enjoy working as part of a team and always be looking for ways to help the smooth-running of the kitchen. You may even be considering a career as a Chef in the future and if you do, we will help you to reach your goal. No experience is necessary although it would of course be welcomed, but a positive attitude and good work ethic is most important.
What’s in it for you:
• A competitive salary and a full time contract (minimum 40 Hours over 5 days) with any overtime paid
• 28 days holiday rising to 33 days with service – we think it’s fair to value loyalty
• Optional live in accommodation charged at just £58.52 per week all-inclusive of meals and bills
• A share of service charge – 100% of which is split between the team
• £30 staff stays with Hand Picked Hotels per room Bed & Breakfast PLUS 25% discount of all food & drink. Yes, it’s as good as it sounds!
• Annual loyalty awards (like afternoon teas and overnight stays)
• Working in stunning surroundings and in a property packed with character
• Free parking on site
• Online retail discount platform offering thousands of savings with high street retailers and restaurants as well as a health and well-being platform
• You’ll be willing and able to follow instructions
• You’ll be looking forward to the prospect of working in a busy environment
• Most of all, you’ll have a friendly, helpful and proactive manner
Rookery Hall Hotel & Spa is a 4 Red Star Hotel with 70 bedrooms, a fine dining restaurant and bar and a Health Club & Spa.
Hand Picked Hotels is a private collection of 22 country house hotels throughout the United Kingdom and Channel Islands. Each of our properties has its own charming character, and all of them are set in stunning surroundings; from the sandy shores of Jersey to the rolling hills of Yorkshire.
With welcoming and charming service delivered in truly inspirational settings, our guests are encouraged to relax, kick off their shoes and indulge. You make it Hand Picked!
Hand Picked Hotels is an Equal Opportunities employer. Candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK.