Daylesford: people who want to make a difference
At the core of Daylesford is our care for the environment, our animals and our people. For over forty years we’ve strived to inspire change and nurture growth, and our teams are made up of people who take pride in what they do every day. We know that together we can make a difference for the future of our planet and the wellbeing of our customers.
We are looking for a Pastry Chef to support the team in the run up to the busy Christmas period. This will be a 3 month temporary opportunity from September-December, to help us to meet our Christmas production levels.
Full time temporary contract, based on 40 hours per week, £15 per hour. Shifts are generally 6am - 2.30pm, flexibility to work some weekends will be required. There is also a permanent opportunity available within the team.
As a Pastry Chef at Daylesford you will be working towards producing the highest-quality of Patisserie goods in our production unit. Our production team provides products for all our stores, cafes and wholesale business. You’ll be using only organic ingredients, many locally sourced. Our range includes, brownies, cakes, biscuits and lots of seasonal specials like mince pies and hot cross bun fudge!
The ideal candidate will be a strong team-player with a passion for great pastry work and great quality organic produce. You will be working within a fast-paced, varied and extremely rewarding environment. Pastry experience is essential, ideally from artisanal production environment. Uniform and Safety Shoes are provided
- Execute/bake a wide range of pastries, cakes, biscuits, scones, tarts, puddings and other confectionary to the highest possible standards
- Ensure that all products have fully recorded traceability throughout the entire production process
- Continually strive towards the improvement in quality of Patisserie products
- Work safely and efficiently to ensure that all daily orders are completed at a fulfilment rate of 98% or above
- Comply with the production unit’s internal audit requirements
- To adhere to the standards set out by the Soil Association and SALSA Auditors
If you would like to be part of our truly unique business – we would love to hear from you. Please send us your CV today.
We aim to attract, recruit and develop people from a wide range of backgrounds, with different perspectives, ideas and experiences. We seek to create a productive environment, representative of different cultures and groups, where everyone has an equal chance to succeed. If you feel you need any reasonable adjustments to be made in order to apply for a vacancy at Daylesford, please contact the Recruitment Team by visiting our website.