As Pastry Chef, you will be a vital part of our high performing brigade and will be producing delicious pastry items and desserts plus other food in a well-equipped kitchen, developing your skills under the guidance of our talented Executive Chef and Head Chef. You’ll become a member of our family who helps us create amazing experiences for our guests through delivering warm hospitality in every interaction.
The restaurant is seeking to obtain a second rosette in the next 12/18 months with the food being described as seasonal and a Mediterranean theme, with a focus on local produce from the county and North West.
Your day to day
- Use your eye for quality and creative flair to produce high quality food from scratch
- Create seasonal desserts and afternoon tea items with the support of the Executive Chef/Head Chef
- Manage a section within the kitchen, cooking with fresh ingredients
- Ensure the highest levels of hygiene and safety are maintained at all times
- Maintain areas of work and machinery
- Control the order and storage of food supplies
- Support other team members across the kitchen
- Team work
Who are we looking for?
This role is a great opportunity for someone who is passionate about pastry and desserts, a team player, committed and has a natural drive for excellence. If you are seeking to advance your career, we can support you to grow and improve your skills in a foward thinking team striving for a second AA rosette.
Ideally, you will have a minimum of 2 years previous experience in a similar role in a bakery or pastry environment with the proven ability to produce high quality food, ideally using fresh produce and create new recipes and dishes on a seasonal basis.
In return, we are offering a rewarding role with scope for career progression along with;
- Tips paid monthly
- Wagestream - the ability to access up to 40% of your wages as you earn them each week
- 28 days annual leave (rising to 33 days after 5 years)
- Free use of our brilliant gym on site and discounted Spa treatments
- Free meal whilst on duty
- Discounted accommodation, food and drink in our beautiful properties across the country
- Free car parking
- Pension & Life assurance
- A fun environment where you will receive training and support to develop & progress
- Long service awards including free meals and free stays with your friends and family