People Operation Advisor Reporting to: People Operations Manager Based: East Croydon
Here at The Gym Group we believe we are simply the best in our industry! Our amazing teams have skills, abilities and can-do attitudes that make this a great place to work!
We have strong, embedded values and an easy-going culture which ensures we put our people first. We pride ourselves on being fun, innovative, inclusive and engaging. We are now on the lookout for a People Operations Advisor
to join our brilliant People Team.
So, what's stopping you? Apply today and come "Find your Fit" with us! What you need to know about us...
We're not like any other gym company; we are The Gym Group
, a place where you can #BeYouWithUs and perform to your absolute best. And we're successful; by membership we're the 2nd largest gym business in the UK and the 4th largest in Europe and have held the prestigious Investors in People Gold Award for 2 years!
We hire people with real passion, whose positivity and enthusiasm motivate and inspire those around them. We actively invest in our employees; it's so important to us that our people can thrive in our environment and can make the most of the flexibility and support we offer to all of our teams. We are proud of our people and our Gym Support teams are phenomenal; you want to be a part of that, we know you do! What you need to know about the role...
The role of the People Operations Advisor is to work with our amazing managers and teams to empower them and to facilitate the full end to end employee lifecycle in the simplest and most effective way.
Main job activities:
- Provide high quality advisory services to our people and line managers
- End to end employee lifecycle management from onboarding to offboarding
- Acting as the first point of contact for all People related questions and queries from our teams using Fresh Service
- To be responsible for ensuring we have up to date and accurate workforce data in Workday and that we are using the system as effectively and efficiently as possible
- Advising on all employment related issues, including, contract variation, Maternity, Paternity, Shared Parental Leave, Flexible Working etc. Managing each case and supporting managers through the process
- Supporting our Gym teams with management of all long term and short-term absence. Provide guidance to managers to enable effective absence management
- Ensure all People processes and practices are compliant and adhere to all necessary legal requirements
- Work in conjunction with the broader HR team to deliver a seamless employee experience
Let us tell you what we are looking for...
- Act as the first port of call for employees and managers in all employee relations matters
- Creation and implementation of People Policies
- Undertake and support with project work as required
- Support the other People teams where required (L+D, Payroll + Recruitment)
- Support employees, managers and leadership on solving any day-to-day issues.
To enrich our great team, we are looking for a People Operations Advisorwho embraces their role, the team and our culture.
We're looking for someone who is clearly able to demonstrate:
- Educated to degree level or CIPD Qualified (or equivalent) would be desirable
- Comfortable in a fast-moving organisation and able to embrace change and put people at ease
- Excellent eye for detail
- Demonstratable knowledge of UK ER legislation, practices and procedures
- Prior experience of working in an HR Advisory role
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Able to build rapport quickly
- Able to build, develop and maintain positive working relationships both internally and externally
- Self-motivated with excellent problem-solving skills
- Able to work under pressure, with a confident and resilient nature
- Ability to prioritise and manage a flexible task list
- HRIS system knowledge - specific Workday experience would be desirable
- Experience using Fresh Service would be desirable
- Ability to challenge, coach, motivate managers to enable them to lead a team to produce positive results.
So, we've told you all about us and our amazing new opportunity; now it's your turn to hit 'Apply' and tell us about YOU, so you can come and #BEYOUWITHUS!