Chef/ Carvery Assistant - New Beach Holiday Park - Romney Marsh
16 hours per week
Park Holidays UK are a rapidly growing company and we are now one of the largest providers of Holiday parks covering both England and Scotland. The business has a proven history of developing and promoting talented managers and an unprecedented investment programme across the group
We are looking to recruit a chef/carvery assistant to join our team at The Neptune Pub & Carvery at New Beach Holiday Park.
New Beach Holiday Park is in a prime location on the Kent coast situated between Dymchurch and Hythe, with its seaside location providing an ideal base for visiting local attractions such as Dymchurch Beach, Port Lympne Safari Park, Lympne Castle, Romney, Hythe and Dymchurch steam railway, the picturesque Hythe Village or the Local Amusement Park
The Park has benefitted from a multi-million-pound investment over the last couple of years, including a brand-new entertainment complex opened in 2018 and more recently refurbished 25 metre indoor swimming pool, and has a full programme of entertainment and activities including Climbing wall, Segways, Pottery Lodge, 2 Play Parks for young and old alike.
- To monitor the requisition of stocks as required from the Corporate Recipe specification and Portion specification, keeping minimum holding levels
- Liaise with the Complex Manager on stock holding and In House Buyer
- To ensure that the standard of cooking, presentation and ‘BOH’ service is implemented to standard operating manuals
- To ensure that the ‘BOH’ procedures are implemented to the standard operating manual to include stores, flight wash area, refrigeration, freezers, food preparation areas, delivery bays and bin areas
- To direct and maintain hygiene standards to meet the Company Food Safety/ cook chill requirements, including the administration
- To liaise with the Complex Manager for all requirements of disposable, small kitchen equipment’s and detergents through correct delegation of authority
- To have strict control and security of stocks, implement Company stock take as and when required, ensure locks are secure, with strict key control
- To make proposals to the Food and Beverage Director regarding menu planning
- To manage a budget for all resources within area of responsibility and to monitor and maintain effective control
- To set, monitor and maintain appropriate opening and closing procedures, including cleaning rotas
The successful candidate should:
- Have excellent communication skills
- Have the ability to work under pressure with good decision making skills
- Be of smart appearance and adhere to dress standards
- Have a professional and outgoing personality
- Have good IT skills, including knowledge of Excel, Word and e-mail.
- Maintain confidentiality at all times
- Be flexible
Required Education, Skills and Qualifications
Food & Hygiene Level 2 Qualification is desirable, online training provided.
- 20% friends and family discount on holidays booked with Park Holidays, this is subject to availability at time of booking.
- All staff have a discount of 50% on food purchased from the complex, this does not include specials or any drinks & is subject to conditions.
- Great staff referral scheme
- 28 days holiday leave per annum (20 Days + Bank Hols)
With 42 caravan parks situated throughout the UK we are now one of the largest providers of Holiday parks covering both England and Scotland. We offer great value family holidays and short breaks, with a small selection of touring and camping too, along with a wide range of static caravan holiday homes and luxury lodges for sale.