Commis Chef - Ascot
Our Pastry Commis Chefs are the backbone of our hotel! Joining us to learn as much as they can about our kitchens and service, and how to deliver the highest standard of products. Though skillfully trained, they never lose sight of their ultimate reasonability, to create lifelong memories for our guests.
Essential Functions & Physical Requirements
A day in the life of our Pastry Commis Chefs demands high levels of energy. They need consistency even though the days are never alike; and creativity to tackle daily adventures. Listing all of the contributions that our Commis Chefs accomplish would be lengthy but the list below is essential to know.
- Our Pastry Commis Chefs are responsible for assisting the senior chefs in their section to provide the guests the best quality product.
- They are also responsible for daily tasks such as: food labelling, food prep and a weekly deep clean of your section
- Our values of Personality, Passion, Respect, Working Together and Creativity guide us each and every day. The purpose of Commis Chefs is to live their behaviours to continue to create our legacy.
- Communication is what keeps our departments running perfectly. Our Pastry Commis Chefs must communicate with other departments and extended hotel team in order to ensure the alignment remains.
Qualifications and Desirables
- All of our employees are ambassadors of our Vision, Values and culture. Our Pastry Commis Chefs do this with all they do.
- We encourage the unique personalities and passions of our employees, working together; as a team, a hotel and Collection.
- Our guests forge our legacy. Knowing and understanding them is our goal, valuing kindness over process.
- In a fast-moving world, we remain consistent and relevant, requiring flexibility from everyone on the team.
- English is the primary language used in our hotel. Our Pastry Commis Chefs must feel comfortable communicating in this language.
- Previous experience working in a fast paced kitchen environment will be beneficial, however full training is provided.
- Very generous Employee Introductory Scheme offered
- Team members' awards and incentives schemes
- Contributory pension scheme entitlement from date of commencement
- Online benefits & discounts
- Life assurance cover for all team members
- Uniform laundered complimentary
- Complimentary meals whilst on duty at our team members' restaurants
- Cycle to work scheme
- Occupational Health, including subsidised massage treatments and health clinics
- Social events throughout the year - including our winter ball, summer party and regular pub quizzes!