Café Assistant - Wilmslow
- Training and development opportunities that will enable you to advance as far as your talent and determination will take you
- Free gym membership with a plus one and 2 discounted memberships for family members or friends
- Workplace Pension Scheme
- Discount on retail and cafe products
- 28 days’ holidays including public/bank holidays (pro-rata for part-time staff)
Total Fitness is the leading mid-market health club brand in the North. With 15 health clubs across the North of England and Wales, Total Fitness provides a full-service fitness offering both in club and online; guided by knowledgeable and supportive fitness teams, the brand works hard to meet the evolving needs of its members.
Total Fitness began in 1993 with a strong belief that everyone is better fitter, and that belief is stronger than ever today. Total Fitness knows that true fitness needs variety to keep workouts fresh and engaging, so their large health clubs offer many ways to workout; extensive gym floors, over 70 classes a week, impressive swimming pools, expert personal trainers, and digital content- allowing members to take the brand home. This workout variety provides its members with a route to 360 fitness that lasts longer than a one-off spin class.
With over 600 staff and support from its network of freelance fitness partners and brands, Total Fitness delivers its purpose daily to around 80,000 members and guests.
Reporting to the café manager you will be making our members feel great by cooking and serving our tasty food and drinks and giving them your excellent service every day.
What will I be doing?
- Cooking and presenting our ‘Thrive’ food and drinks to specification every time and ensuring a fast service.
- Keeping our kitchen and Cafe clean, tidy and presented to Thrive standards
- Knowing food hygiene and health & safety standards and making sure me, my team members and members are always safe.
- Keeping to the food hygiene standards, carrying out the necessary checks, maintaining accurate records and reporting any contraventions to the café manager immediately.
- Keeping the deli filled up to Thrive Standards.
- Using every opportunity to smile and talk to our members.
- Working the till with speed, accuracy and efficiency.
- Knowing our menu and encouraging members to try things.
- Knowing the health benefits of our menu and being able to offer advice.
- Checking back with members to make sure they are happy.
- Focusing on energy conservation/cost reduction, particularly with gas and water.
- Taking ownership to resolve member’s queries or complaints.
- Sharing knowledge and expertise with team members.
- Knowing our club and engaging with members about their activities.
- Following the Thrive Ways of Working.
What qualifications, skills and experience do I need?
- Basic Food Hygiene desirable.
- Experience of preparing and handling food is preferred
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment.
- Can show a genuine passion when engaging with individuals.
- Strong listening and collaboration skills.
- Team player.
If you are interested, then don't waste any time and apply now!