PAY - £9.00 AN HOUR
Tips -In September our kitchen team at The Cornish Arms earned on average £3 per hour in tips. For a full time role with us this equals up to £120 per week (based on a 40 hour week) and up to £520 per month.
You can expect to earn in the region of £18,720 each year in this role if working full-time, plus up to £520 per month in tips.
Hello, come in.
Great hospitality is what we do - offering a friendly and generous welcome to all. Building an inclusive and diverse team is the right thing to do and it helps us be at our best.
We are looking for a Kitchen Porter to join our friendly kitchen team at Rick Stein’s pub, The Cornish Arms, in St Merryn. A beautiful traditional pub with five luxury Shepherd Huts, set in the stunning Cornish countryside, listed as one of the UK's top 40 country pubs for food by Sawdays. You will be supporting the Chefs and helping to prepare our classic British pub menu with dishes like lemon sole goujons and chips, curries, steak and ale pies.
With lots of restaurant and room bookings over the winter period, whether you are looking for part-time or full-time work, lunchtimes or evenings, weekends or weekdays, we are able to offer guaranteed hours every week – just let us know in your application what you are available to work.
As an established and growing family business of 45 years, we are proud to offer long-term career opportunities in Padstow for local people. Our team tell us that they are proud to work for us and they voted for us as one of the top 100 best companies to work for. Over 100 members of our team have worked with us for 5 years or more and 75% of our managers are appointed from within.
We offer some great opportunities to learn and grow your career with us:
- Craft skills and training (wine and food tastings, supplier visits) to develop your knowledge and confidence
- Opportunities to move between parts of our business
- Encouragement to apply for bigger roles when the time is right
- Regular encouragement and support from your manager
We also offer some great perks and benefits:
- Hourly pay to ensure you are paid for all of the time you work
- Tips paid weekly to help your bank balance. Our tronc system is not subject to NI deductions
- Tips paid year round and you'll still receive tips whilst you are on annual leave
- Flexible shifts – with a guarantee that we’ll never offer a zero hours contract (unless you ask for one) and the opportunity for full-time employees to request a four-day week
- 50% discount in our restaurants for you and up to five friends
- 20% discount in our retail shops and our online shop
- Double discount (40%) in our retail shops at Christmas
- Discounted hotel stays and cookery school courses
- Annual complimentary meal for two
- Good quality meals whilst on duty
- Team social events
- Thank you rewards and recognition throughout the year
- Annual leave that increases with long service
- Opportunity to apply for a career break of up to 12 weeks
- Refer a friend rewards and incentives
Good to know….
Parking – We have free, onsite parking at The Cornish Arms.
Travel to work – St Merryn is located on the Newquay bus route, with the bus stop a short walk from our pub. St Merryn is an easy drive along the beautiful coast road from Newquay and a short drive from Padstow and Wadebridge.
Uniform- We provide our kitchen teams with chef whites.
If you are warm, friendly and love talking to people, we'd love to hear from you - to apply, please email your CV to agains[at]rickstein.com or click apply to submit a quick application.