Lifeguard (Unqualified) - Liversedge / Batley, West Yorkshire
BRAND NEW Spen Valley Leisure Centre is coming in 2022 and we are now recruiting Lifeguards for this exciting new facility!
Are you looking to join a fun and engaging environment with superb career opportunities?
Key Information -
- We have multiple contracts available
- Between 19 to 35 hours per week
- Two week rota
- Shift times will include a mixture of;
- Early shifts (including 6.00 - 14.00, 7.30 - 15.30 and 8.00 - 16.00)
- Late shifts (including 15.30 - 22.30, 15.30 - 21.00 and 16.00 - 22.30)
- For contracts beween 33.5 to 35 hours it is alternate weekends (shifts start/finish between 6.30 and 17.30)
- For contracts between 19 to 30 hours it is every Thursday, Friday and both days on a weekend (shifts start/finish between 10.30 and 20.00)
You must be able to work these range of shifts
Kirklees Active Leisure are currently recruiting for new full time staff and are offering to put a small number of individuals through the RLSS National Pool Lifeguard Qualification during the next two months.
You must be able to attend one of the following NPLQ courses, all will run at Huddersfield Leisure Centre -
- 13,14, 20, 21, 27, 28 November
- 29, 30 November, 1, 2, 3, 5 December
- 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 19 December
If you are interested in a career within leisure, this could be the first step on the ladder for you.
We're looking for people who are passionate about delivering an experience which is second to none and who always have the customer at the heart of all they do. Once qualified you will take responsibility for the health and safety of our customers and ensure that all our poolside activities run effectively.
We currently have posts available across our facilities.
If you are willing, you will also be trained in other frontline areas to help take you to the next step up in your career at KAL.
The main purpose of the Lifeguard role is to:
- Ensure effective supervision and safety of swimmers and other customers
- Assist with the setting up, removal and maintenance of sports equipment
- Ensure our high cleanliness standards are maintained
- Ensure our customers receive a customer experience which is second to none
To be successful in this role you will have:
- A willingness to gain the RLSS National Pool Lifeguard Qualification within the first two months of employment
- A willingness to undertake ongoing training and development
- A willingness to cover additional hours when needed
What we can offer you:
- An opportunity for a career in the leisure industry. Through a structured development plan, we will provide you with the skills to succeed and move up the career ladder quickly, if you are willing to learn and develop. An example of one of our career paths would be taking your first step in your management career progressing from Lifeguard to Team Leader.
We can also provide you with a great package of benefits through our Staff and Family Membership scheme, which provides virtually free facilities for you and a greatly discounted rate for some of your family. Plus, we also have a great discount website which can save you and your family loads of money too!
We have a generous annual leave entitlement and can offer an excellent pension scheme (West Yorkshire Pension Fund). We also like to have fun and celebrate our successes as often as we can.
You will be required to attend a water test, details of this will be sent once you have applied.
Shortlisting will take place after the closing date, with interviews to follow for those successful at shortlisting. This is expected to be mid November.