Stadium Tours & Museum Guide - Stamford Bridge, London
JOB FUNCTION: To deliver stadium tours, sell photographs/guidebooks and welcoming visitors to the Chelsea FC Museum ensuring the highest level of customer service is given.
LOCATION: Stamford Bridge
PLAY YOUR PART (Main Responsibilities):
- Operation of all Stadium Tours to the required standard and providing the very best customer service.
- To represent and promote Chelsea FC and its facilities during tours.
- To actively upsell guidebooks and official photo opportunities within the Museum and Megastore.
- Report any faults of equipment within the Tour route or Museum to management.
- Assist the Stadium Tours Supervisor with the running of all front of house elements of the Tour/Museum operation.
- Deliver stadium tours or additional tours duties where required.
- On a weekend home matchday, perform normal matchday duties.
- Compliance with the Club’s Health and Safety requirements.
- Carry out the agreed breakdown and set-up of the stadium tour route (in accordance with Health and Safety Criteria).
- Carry out the agreed breakdown and set-up of the Museum route (in accordance with Health and Safety Criteria).
- Ensure all areas of the front of house areas are fully stocked with required merchandise/marketing collateral and report to management where stock shortages are found.
- Meet and greet all visitors to ensure customer service standards are met from the first point of contact and assist with queue management.
DO THE RIGHT THING (Our Expectations):
- To demonstrate and live by the Club’s values; Here to Win, Be Brave, Do the Right Thing, Play Your Part, Many Teams, One Club and Proud to Be Chelsea.
- To adhere to the Club’s policies and procedures, including Health & Safety, Financial Authorisation, Confidentiality and GDPR.
- To act as an ambassador for diversity, equality, and inclusion, and demonstrate a positive commitment by treating others fairly in line with our Equality, Diversity & Inclusion Policy and reporting any acts of discrimination through appropriate channels.
- To create a safe environment and act to protect all young people and vulnerable adults that are either in your care or attending Club premises and report any concerns to the Safeguarding Lead.
- To report any misconduct or suspected misconduct to the HR Department.
HERE TO WIN (Measures of Performance):
- All tours being run within set time guidelines and department standards, receiving compliments and no complaints.
- All photos being taken to the required standard.
- All content delivered in the Tour or within the party to be concise, informative, and statistically accurate.
- All data entry and debit card payments to be accurate.
PROUD TO BE CHELSEA (Person Specification):
- IT skilled (Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Word, Microsoft Outlook).
- Good understanding of basic Health and Safety.
- Fluency in foreign languages would be advantageous.
- Able to work weekends and bank holidays.
- Previous experience of being a tour guide or other related experience within a leisure/tourism organisation.
Skills and Behaviours:
- Excellent communication skills.
- Excellent customer service values and delivery.
- Good understanding of the history/current events surrounding Chelsea FC.
Chelsea FC and the Foundation is fully committed to ensuring the safety and well-being of all children, young people and adults at risk (vulnerable groups). We therefore require all successful applicants to complete a DBS Check prior to starting employment. Depending on the role, successful applicants may also be required to undergo other child protection screening where appropriate.
This Job Description is not intended to be exhaustive; the duties and responsibilities may therefore vary over time according to the changing needs of the Club.