Casual Lifeguard - Windsor, Berkshire
Contract Type: Temporary / Casual
To provide a high quality service and a safe environment to all our users. This post will have particular responsibility for the health and safety of users of the pool and the cleanliness of poolside and related areas.
The postholder will work a flexible shift rota, which will include unsociable hours (early mornings and evenings including weekends).
- Ensure that all health and safety duties are carried out in accordance with NOP/EAP procedures and that procedures in the staff information file are followed
- Enforcing water safety policies and pool regulations
- Carrying out lifeguard duties by overseeing the general safety and behaviour of the users to help prevent injury, drowning, misuse and damage to facilities
- Carry out lifeguard rescues where deemed appropriate
- Undertake a range of duties in wet, dry and other areas which will include; control and cleaning of poolside and any other facilities if required; assembly and dismantling of equipment (such as lane ropes and diving blocks) or any other poolside equipment
- To assist the Duty Manager in the opening and closing of the facility and preparing the pools for use
- To carry out the responsibilities of the post having regard to Eton College’s policies and procedures as well as additional guidelines as laid out in the centre’s staff information file
- To contribute to the continuous improvement of the Eton Colleges services
- Attend staff training on a regular basis (currently once a month) to practice practical skills and to cover department issues
- To comply with relevant codes of practice, including the code of conduct, and policies concerning data protection and health and safety
- To undertake any other duties as may reasonably be required of you in the post
- Commitment to equality, diversity & inclusion
- Commitment to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children
The Ideal Candidate
- Understanding the importance of prevention of health and safety issues
- Excellent customer services skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Maintain a good level of fitness
- Able to work on own using your initiative but also be able to work within a team environment and also in line with Eton College’s policies and procedures
Qualifications and experience
- NPLQ (National pool lifeguard qualification) required
- First Aid at Work is desirable
- Previous lifeguard experience is desirable
Eton College offers a wide range of benefits, including an 11% employer contribution to your pension (with 4.9% employee contribution), Employee Assistance Programme, enhanced Maternity / Paternity scheme, free eyecare vouchers, a cycle to work scheme, subsidised lunches during term time, free access to the College’s sport and leisure facilities and discounts at local retailers and businesses.
Closing Date: 31 October 2021
Eton College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, and applicants must be willing to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and an Enhanced Disclosure from the Disclosure and Barring Service.