Assistant Wedding & Events Manager- Chilston Park Hotel, Lenham Kent
We are looking for an experienced, enthusiastic and charming Assistant Wedding & Events Manager to join our team at Chilston Park Hotel. If you enjoy working as part of the Hotel operation and turning someone’s dream event into a reality, this is the role for you.
This role will involve supporting all areas of the Food & Beverage department such as the restaurant, bar and room service as required but your main focus area will be overseeing the wedding and events at the Hotel
Whether it’s a conference, private dining event or a wedding you’ll take the reins and oversee the event from start to finish (including the all-important set up and clear downs), while always keeping a cool head. The ecstatic faces of our guests as they “thank you for all your help!” will be a regular highlight to your working week.
Of course, this requires a lot of skill and dedication, so you will have incredible organisational skills and attention to detail, along with stamina and the ability to remain calm under pressure. Sound like a challenge you’d like to take on? Then we’d love to hear from you.
What’s in it for you:
- A competitive salary
- Live in accommodation charged at just £58.52 per week all inclusive of meals and bills
- 28 days holiday rising to 33 days with service – we think it’s fair to value loyalty.
- £30 staff stays with Hand Picked Hotels per room Bed & Breakfast PLUS discounted food, drink and spa treatments. Yes, it’s as good as it sounds!
- A share of service charge – 100% of which is split between the team
- Annual loyalty awards (like afternoon teas and overnight stays)
- Working in stunning surroundings and in a property packed with character
- Free parking on site
- Online retail discount platform offering thousands of savings with high street retailers and restaurants as well as a health and well-being platform
- Pension & Life Assurance Scheme
- Training & Development to include Hand Picked People management training courses such as Behavioural Interviewing and Appraisal skills and the option to complete a Level 5 Management apprenticeship
- You’ll have previous experience working in a Hotel events team and being involved in weddings
- You’ll be motivated by delivering the best events for our guests
- You’ll have experience of working in a fast-paced, busy environment
- You’ll be excellent at building a rapport with colleagues and guests and be able to motivate others
- Most of all, you’ll have a professional, organised and friendly approach
Chilston Park Hotel is a 4 red star with a 2 Rosette restaurant. It is a very popular wedding venue and has a variety of function and event spaces available for our guests to choose from and enjoy.
Hand Picked Hotels is a private collection of 19 country house hotels throughout the United Kingdom and Channel Islands. Each of our properties has its own charming character, and all of them are set in stunning surroundings; from the sandy shores of Jersey to the rolling hills of Yorkshire.
With welcoming and charming service delivered in truly inspirational settings, our guests are encouraged to relax, kick off their shoes and indulge. You make it Hand Picked!
Hand Picked Hotels is an Equal Opportunities employer. Candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK.