Bartender - Botanical Rooms - Somerset
Fantastic Staff Accommodation overlooking the Somerset countryside available
The Newt in Somerset is a new and unique destination already attracting a recognition at the highest level. Our 300-year-old estate complete with woodland, lush gardens and breath-taking views welcomes guests from all over the world. Our hotel is a home from home where our team deliver outstanding service in informal surroundings. Gardens, orchards, and treetop walkways inspire whilst roaring fires and our wellbeing spa offer tranquillity.
Food is a passion across the estate, whether hotel or our restaurants or farm shop. Much is sourced from the estate and trusted local suppliers.
Hadspen House is a focal point of our estate, housing a 23-bedroom hotel, library, bar and restaurant. We offer a true, farm to fork dining experience in a beautifully designed, atmospheric 60 cover restaurant. All food is prepared in our kitchen with ingredients fresh from our gardens or locally sourced, ensuring quality and seasonality throughout our offering.
Open for breakfast through to dinner, we also host afternoon tea in the library and early evening cocktails on the terrace. The department extends into the house, encompassing the bar, library, croquet lawn, terrace and badminton court – delivering exceptional service throughout.
Our ideal candidate will be a Bartender with proven track record with latest trends in the bar and drinks world with with a love of delivering exceptional service standards. We are searching for world class Bartenders to create magical experiences for our guests in this unique environment.
If you are a team player who will go the extra mile to get ultimate guest satisfaction and be charming and diplomatic whatever the situation then we would love to hear from you.
Skills and Experience
The successful candidate will ideally have experience working in a high end, and contemporary environment. Passion, experience and expertise to deliver are a must.
Impeccable appearance and communication style
Flexible approach toward working hours, weekends and bank holidays a must.
- Working with your colleagues to ensure the Bar runs in the most productive and efficient way.
- Ensure our guests have the best possible experience whilst in your department.
- Maintain all health and safety and company standards.
- Ensure The Newt’s style of service and ethos is always upheld.
Skills and Experience
- Willingness to develop, grown and keep up with the demands of our developing business
- Confident in service and feels comfortable leading and training a team
- Good attention to detail
- Great time management and self-motivated
- Microsoft Office and basic computer skills essential
- Previous experience working with ResDiary and communication platform Teams is preferred
- Passion for food, beverage and luxury hospitality
Excellent Benefits package available from day one including:
- Exceptional working environment, fresh estate grown meal provided each day
- 30% discount in the shops across the estate
- 30% discount at restaurants across the estate
- 30% discount on Newt cyder and Babylonstoren wine
- 50% discount in the Spa
- Discounted hotel stays for staff
- Entry passes for friends and family to access the estate
- Family Events 3 times per year
- Access to internal/external training qualifications and programmes
- Cross Training and career development opportunities