Do you have people management experience?
Would you say you are a mentor with a passion for food?
Supporting the Head Chef, the Sous Chef will be ‘hands on’, leading by example in the kitchen, guiding & mentoring a brigade of chefs and kitchen porters, ensuring as a team you deliver excellent guest services, ensuring the quality of food is to an expected high standard.
You will be supporting the Head Chef with overseeing the restaurant menu and ensuring the food being delivered to guests is to spec and to a high standard.You'll be able to showcase your creative side by offering signature dishes/specials as well as when you are catering for meetings & events.
What will I do?
- Control the food preparation and delegate
- Ensure the food being prepared and leaving the kitchen is to a high standard and consistent
- Implement and follow company menu, ensuring standardisation across the dishes and specifications are being adhered to
- Purchasing of food products and related items from nominated company suppliers
- Keeping within set budget
- Regular audit checks are carried out
- Stock rotation and stock checks carried out
- Identify your individual team’s areas of development and provide relevant training as well as ensuring they are motivated
- Rotas, team holidays
- Support the Head Chef with hiring, managing and training & developing kitchen staff
- Stand in for Head Chef in their absence
Is this the role for me?
- Would suit either an experienced Sous Chef seeking a new challenge or an experienced Chef de Partie seeking their first step up into a supervisory Chef role
- Would suit someone working in contract catering and seeking a role within a hotel kitchen?
- Previous experience working within a hotel environment would be a distinct advantage
- A passion for high standards and quality food
- Lead by example
- Previous supervisory experience preferable
- Budget management
- HACCP, food safety and health & safety
Why The QHotels Collection?
- Family and Friends discounts in hotels across The QHotels Collection
- Free onsite parking
- Various Employee celebratory days throughout the year
- Support with training & professional qualifications, including course fees!
- Carve out your own career path with The QHotels Collection as there will be progression & career development opportunities across our hotel portfolio
- Internal talent exchange network Access to an Employee Assistance Programme, 24/7, 365 days a year
The Armed Forces Covenant is a voluntary statement of mutual support between a civilian community and its local Armed Forces Community. It is intended to complement the Armed Forces Covenant, which outlines the moral obligation between the Nation, the Government and the Armed Forces. The QHotels Collection proudly support the UK Armed Forces and have signed the Armed Forces Covenant achieving the Silver Award.