Swimming Pool Operations Manager - Virginia Water
Key Areas of Activity
- To act as the Duty Manager on a rotational basis involving the ability to react effectively to any operational or member related tasks, ensuring swift resolution as necessary.
- To assist in the preparation and delivery of the Clubs social events calendar.
- To Line Manage the team of lifeguards (Full & Part-time) ensuring all staff related aspects support the development of an effective team of motivated staff.
- To recruit suitably qualified staff ensuring adequate levels of cover are in place all year round, for the creche, indoor and outdoor pools.
- Assist in the forecasting & control of staffing budgets for both Junior & Wet side sections.
- To ensure all operational systems and procedures are followed in line with Company standards resulting in the provision of service excellence to all members and guests.
- To ensure that all legal and Health and Safety standards comply with company and statutory requirements especially focusing on Health and Safety in Swimming Pools.
- Ensure all swimming pools related Risk Assessments are monitored and reviewed.
- Ensure wet side SOP’s are monitored and reviewed and action changes when and where required.
- To deliver FAAW, FAAW Refresher, Manual Handling, Emergency Responder courses as required by the club.
- Deliver Monthly FAAW & Lifeguard training as part of the Annual programme.
- Manage and ensure all current employees maintain NPLQ status without fail.
- Maintain Wentworth as an RLSS approved training centre.
Key Knowledge, Skills & Experience
- Have good knowledge of swimming pool operations, legislation & compliance.
- Have a good knowledge of Health & Safety standards.
- Previous experience of Managing a team of lifeguards & planning staffing rotas.
- Planning & organising First Aid and NPLQ courses.
- Previous experience of working in leisure operations environment is essential
- At least 2 years’ experience working in a similar role.
- At least 2 years Supervisory experience.
- Must be able to demonstrate strong organisational & planning skills.
- Must be able to demonstrate strong communication skills, verbally & written.
- Must be proficient in Excel & Word.
- Experienced working on Leisure or Hospitality booking systems such as Gladstone, Legend or JAM.
- Have strong customer service skills, previous experience in a 5 Star environment is desirable.
Key Personal Attributes & Behaviours
- Be able to work early & late shifts including weekends & Bank Holidays as the Duty Manager.
- Be able to demonstrate excellent leadership & decision making.
- Be able to effectively always position self as approachable to members.
- Must be able to react & respond to members quickly & take decisive action in a fast-paced environment.
- Remain calm at all times in the face of challenging unforeseen scenarios.
- Positive attitude, good communications skills, with flexibility in terms of working pattern.
- Ability to work independently and use initiative.
- Attention to detail, able to spot and correct errors.
- Active contributor to supporting a team atmosphere through dedication, calmness and tolerance.
- Persistent in problem solving, seeking solutions through the expertise of both self and others, researching the facts with care and resolving problems in a timely and thorough manner.
- Acts consistently in the manner in which a task is tackled, creating sound practical procedures which incorporate checks for accuracy and ensure that tasks are completed satisfactorily.
- Possesses a high level of personal esteem and generally encouraging of others.
- Remain confident when dealing with negative situations, enthusing to overcome challenges with imaginative solutions to difficult problems.
- A recognised Leisure Management qualification (BTEC/Diploma or equivalent as a minimum)
- RLSS Lifeguard Trainer Assessor
- First Aid at Work Trainer (Highly Desirable)
- Pool Plant Operator
- IOSH Managing Safely