General Manager - Bristol
General Manager/Catering Manager
- 32,000 - 35,000
- 40 hours per week
- Free parking on site
- Free meals
We are BaxterStorey, an independent hospitality food service provider operating in the UK, Ireland and Europe specialising in restaurants, cafes, deli bars and exclusive dining rooms for clients and customers in business and industry.
We know that investing in training and development means we can be confident our teams have the skills they need to give our customers a great experience. Our Academies, training and mentoring programmes support our people as they build their careers with us. We give them the skills to provide the best service and hospitality, to help our people be the best they can be.
Large distributions site with both canteen and vending facilities. This is a busy 24/7 site with a team of 25 catering staff
General Manager/Catering Manager benefits:
- 28 Days holiday inclusive of bank holidays
- Bespoke training and development
- Discounts available from HAPI app, from high street shops to holidays and cinemas
What would we like from our General Manager/Catering Manager?
- You thrive on getting the best out of people and maximising commercial opportunities
- You draw satisfaction from managing, training and supporting a team
- You provide a professional catering service, ensuring that company standards are maintained and that Client expectations are met
- Have experience in an General Manager role ideally in contract catering or hospitality
- Good understanding of report writing and financial management.
- Possess excellent supervisory and communication skills
- Good delegation and influencing skills
- Able to demonstrate your analytical approach to problem solving
- Have the ability to display a real passion for food and customer service
General Manager/Catering Manager requirements:
- Ensure that the location achieves, as a minimum, the financial targets agreed with the client in line with the budget
- Monitor the work of all the staff and carry out appraisals, recognise training needs and potential as appropriate
- Hold team meetings on a regular basis to communicate targets, standards required and company and client information
- Work with your Operations Manager to prepare budgets; achieve and maintain the food cost in accordance with the budget
- Develop and evolve all client's services at location, ensuring regular adjustments and improvements are both recommended and implemented
We are committed to creating an inclusive working environment. To be who you are without judgement, no matter who you are or where you're from. Where individuality is a strength and you can be proud to be you.
Ready to join us? Apply today!