Night Security Officer - Soho, London
We have an exciting opportunity for a Night Security officer to join our highly successful team here at The Soho Hotel. Your main priority will be to ensure the safety and security of our guests and staff at all times, whilst also welcoming anyone into the hotel in a warm and professional manner.
To apply for this role, applicants must have a valid SIA licence.
Working as part of our security team, you will be expected to demonstrate excellent customer service skills and willingness to work as part of a team. You will also need a good knowledge of London, excellent attention to detail and a flexible work ethic. It will be your responsibility to do regular walks around the hotel, remaining vigilant to any potential risks or problems that might occur throughout your shift. We will also require for you to make recommendations to our guests and upsell our facilities within the hotel. This role will give you the opportunity to learn and develop, with the potential to progress within the company. If progression isn’t your thing, that’s fine too, we would still be interested in finding out more about you.
To make your life working in hospitality easier, we are proud to offer permanent roles, working a 4 on, 4 off shift pattern. As standard, you will work 42 hours per week on a flexible rota, where some weekends will be required. Overtime will be paid.
What makes Firmdale such a special place to work?
- We have created safe spaces to work and support our employees receiving lateral flow testing and the Covid 19 Vaccine
- Employee led committees allowing you to have your say, generate ideas and make a difference
- Social events and team activities (bowling, quiz nights, netball teams and more)
- Award winning training opportunities (Apprenticeships, WSET, supplier visits and Master Classes to name a few)
- Wellbeing activities and support available to all staff members
What are the Firmdale employee benefits?
- Competitive salary
- 28 days paid holiday (including bank holidays) increasing with length of service
- Companywide and departmental incentives including a generous refer a friend bonus
- Firmdale Experience and Long Service vouchers (Afternoon tea, dinner for two, Film Club and an overnight stay)
- Perkbox – An employee platform offering a huge variety of discounts and our reward and recognition program
- Wage Stream – An employee app to stream your wages before payday
- Wait, there’s more! Quarterly team events, volunteering and regular Manager catch-ups