- We will reward you with exclusive team discounts and loyalty bonuses.
- You can experience the a taste of the Caribbean on every shift with our team-food menu.
- We'll make sure that you get some down-time, with invites to regional Turtle Bay social events and parties.
- Invite you to join our tronc scheme.
- Opportunity for progression, great training skills and EAP support.
Making People Happy. That's what we're all about.
Born from a love of basking in the chilled-out ambience of the Caribbean, Turtle Bay is all about capturing the heart and soul of the sunshine islands - rum, reggae and jerk. Our winning combination of spicy food, delicious cocktails, social atmosphere and most importantly our incredible team keep our guests returning time and time again.
We love diversity, and actively welcome and encourage applications from people of all backgrounds. One Love, One Team, One Turtle Bay.
As a Sous Chef you will…
- You’ll have a true passion for preparing delicious food - you’ll love seeing guests enjoying dishes you produce, and you’ll be a team player willing to turn your hands to most things in the kitchen.
- You’ll be proud of what you do and a true professional in the kitchen!
- You will love helping people to develop and grow their skills. You will be entrusted with coaching and developing your line chefs to drive the quality and performance of your kitchen forward.
- You will work with commercial awareness, always striving to deliver the best quality dishes you can.
- You’ll make sure that your kitchen is always clean and safe!
- You’ll naturally become a positive ambassador for the brand, ensuring that all guests experience our unique Turtle Bay vibe.
Our ideal candidate will have…
- You will have excellent leadership skills with experience of managing, motivating, and coaching a large and successful team.
- You’ll have confidence and experience in running the quieter shifts in your Head Chef’s absence.
- You will have a strong commercial awareness, with previous financial accountability experience in a high-performing kitchen.
- You’ll have a background in kitchen management, with strong attention to detail and a desire to progress further in your career.
- High food hygiene and safety standards with experience in meeting Health and Safety standard expectations.
- Strong organisational skills, with experience of supporting your Head Chef with stocks, costing, and labour.