Assistant Restaurant Manager - Grantley Hall - Ripon, North Yorkshire
Tips typically over £200 per month (£2,400 per year)
Do you have a passion for hospitality and delivering excellent customer service?
Yes, then Grantley Hall have the perfect role for you!
Grantley Hall is an exclusive, five star luxury hotel and wellness retreat, nestled in the heart of the Yorkshire Dales. With 47 exquisite rooms and suites, four exceptional restaurants and three sophisticated bars. The extensive development has also included the introduction of a tranquil spa and pioneering ELITE luxury gym and executive wellness facility, alongside a stunning events pavilion that seats up to 180 guests with a unique and glamorous champagne and cocktail bar.
We are currently looking for a Assistant Restaurant Manager – Fletcher's Restaurant and Norton Bar to join our management team at Grantley Hall. The Assistant Restaurant & Bar Manager is entrusted with overseeing multiple outlets including the Fletcher's Restaurant, Norton Bar, Drawing Room and Norton Courtyard Terrace and Room Service.
Key expectations of this role
- Engaging with guests and team members to meet and exceed their needs.
- Acting as a coach and mentor to a 30+ team and to ensure high engagement levels, people development and retention
- Managing cost and revenue in all areas of the restaurant without impact on brand, or quality standards.
- Continuously identifying and developing areas for improvement and motivating the team to actively take part in the process to enhance the brand experience.
- Showing a sound understanding of the restaurant and hotel market to retain and increase the restaurant’s competitive advantage through continuous proactive strategic and operational planning.
- Proactively attracting and selecting talent for the department in line with company procedures and culture.
- Experience at managerial level within a large upscale, high volume restaurant.
- A thorough understanding of leading and developing people effectively.
- The ability to manage, draft and allocate complex budgets.
- A thorough understanding of managing various stakeholders and their expectations.
- 5 Star Hotel Experience is preferred
- Grantley Gateway - discounts on supermarket shopping, cinema tickets, meals out, local attractions and cash back on online purchases.
- We celebrate success. With a summer party, winter awards ceremony as well team events and incentives. throughout the year we also celebrate training achievements, birthdays, marriages, new babies and length of service awards.
- Pension - Eligible team members will benefit from a Royal London pension scheme.
- 24/7 team assistant line.
- Complimentary nutritious meal when on duty.
- Refer a Friend Award.
- All team members will be issued with a bespoke Grantley Hall uniform
The Grantley Academy is our dedicated training facility based at East Lodge within the Grantley Hall estate. We offer on the job training, personal development, coaching & mentoring, managerial and supervisory training coupled with professional qualifications specific to each individual’s requirements.
On arrival, each team member will receive a bespoke development plan to support them in their new job role and their learning journey with us. Whether the dream is of becoming the next Michelin starred chef, leading marketer or head housekeeper, the Grantley Academy will help pave your way to success.
Joining us at Grantley Hall brings the opportunity of a 5 star career at a 5 star hotel.