Host – Live In Available – Grantley Hall
Tips typically over £200 per month (£2,400 per year)
We are currently looking for a Restaurant Host to assist and support the Restaurant Manager and Supervisors in ensuring that customers experience the highest level of service.
- Delivering the EightyEight Restaurant and Bar concept and ethos to the required five star standards outlined in the Procedure Guidelines.
- Be able to competently maintain the operation of the restaurant and bars during service.
- To inspire and motivate your peers to deliver outstanding customer service.
- Responsible for cash and stock security.
- To attend staff meetings and daily briefings ensuring you are fully aware of what is going on around Grantley Hall.
- To ensure the venue is kept clean throughout service and to leave the venue clean and organized for the next shift.
- To learn and know in detail our food and Beverage offerings, being able to passionately describe and sell this to our guests.
- To effectively manage bookings using our in-house reservations system, to enhance guest journey, and maximise reservations.
- Communicate effectively all details of a guest reservation to the server staff.
- Escalate any complaints to Management or supervisors.
- Be confident to communicate with guests over the phone, conducting call backs and taking bookings.
Key Skills, Qualities & Experiences
- To have outstanding customer service skills.
- To be presentable and smart in appearance at all times.
- To treat guest and team members with respect.
- All new guests get a friendly greeting, all leaving ones get a sincere goodbye.
- To make sure every time you interact with a guest you are friendly and talkative, even under pressure.
- To enjoy going the extra mile for guests, in providing them an enjoyable experience.
- To ensure that you follow the challenge 25 policy strictly.
- When time allows you should be able to enjoy chat with your guests and enjoy yourself.
- To ensure a welcoming and atmospheric ambience.
- To ensure areas are clean and tidy at all times.
- To deal with or escalate guests complaints immediately and effectively.
Grantley Hall is an exclusive, five-star luxury hotel and wellness retreat, nestled in the heart of the Yorkshire Dales. With 47 exquisite rooms and suites, four exceptional restaurants and three sophisticated bars. The extensive development has also included the introduction of a tranquil spa and pioneering ELITE luxury gym and executive wellness facility, alongside a stunning events pavilion that seats up to 180 guests with a unique and glamorous champagne and cocktail bar.
Magical | Respectful | Innovative | Passionate | Consistent
We have an exciting opportunity for a Restaurant Host to ensure our guests receive a five-star service.
- Grantley Gateway - discounts on supermarket shopping, cinema tickets, meals out, local attractions and cash back on online purchases.
- We celebrate success. With a summer party, winter awards ceremony as well team events and incentives. throughout the year we also celebrate training achievements, birthdays, marriages, new babies and length of service awards.
- Pension - Eligible team members will benefit from a NEST pension scheme.
- 24/7 team assistant line.
- Complimentary nutritious meal when on duty.
- Refer a Friend Award.
- All team members will be issued with a bespoke Grantley Hall uniform
The Grantley Academy is our dedicated training facility based at East Lodge within the Grantley Hall estate. We offer on the job training, personal development, coaching & mentoring, managerial and supervisory training coupled with professional qualifications specific to each individual’s requirements.
On arrival, each team member will receive a bespoke development plan to support them in their new job role and their learning journey with us. Whether the dream is of becoming the next Michelin starred chef, leading marketer or head housekeeper, the Grantley Academy will help pave your way to success.
Joining us at Grantley Hall brings the opportunity of a 5-star career at a 5 star hotel.