Banqueting Operations Manager - Grantley Hall
Tips typically over £200 per month (£2,400 per year)
Do you have a passion for delivering excellent customer service and exceeding guest expectations?
Yes? If so, then please read the on as we have the perfect opportunity for you!
Grantley Hall is an exclusive, five star luxury hotel and wellness retreat, nestled in the heart of the Yorkshire Dales. With 47 exquisite rooms and suites, five exceptional restaurants and seven sophisticated bars. The extensive development has also included the introduction of a tranquil spa and pioneering ELITE luxury gym and executive wellness facility, alongside a stunning events pavilion that seats up to 180 guests with a unique and glamorous champagne and cocktail bar.
As the Banqueting Operations Manager you will be responsible for overseeing the Operations within the Grantley Suite and our luxury Event spaces. This opportunity would suit a well presented, hospitality driven and confident individual who has a wealth of knowledge running their own department and working within a prestigious business.
- The successful individual will be a confident, self-motivated and present a professional outlook at all times.
- It is essential that you have had numerous years of experience as a Manager within a luxury hospitality setting, with the leadership skills to motivate and manage a team.
- Have a high level of attention to detail whilst ensuring all Events spaces are maintained to the Grantley Hall standards.
- The ability to demonstrate a strong customer service ethos and deliver consistently high levels of service.
- Previous experience in a Food and Beverage setting is essential.
- Take ownership of the day to day operational running of the Grantley Suite.
- Continuously have a hands on approach to ensure the smooth and efficient running of large Weddings, Conferences, Meetings, VIP, Intimate gathering.
- Working closely and supporting the Weddings, Events and Operations Manager when necessary.
- Organise and prioritize staff rotas and shift patterns according to business needs
- Have a positive and influential approach when leading the Events team
- To ensure all products served to and/or provided for the guest are set to Grantley standards
- Working with the sales team and the operational team to achieve exceptional service from the beginning to the end of an event
- Be pro-active with customer comments and complaints
- To identify areas of upselling opportunity and be proactive in increasing revenue generation for all areas of the business
- Free Uniform / Chef Whites.
- 31 days annual leave (including bank holidays) increasing with service.
- Modern and spacious live in accommodation for eligible roles.
- Grantley Gateway - discounts on supermarket shopping, cinema tickets, meals out, local attractions and cash back on online purchases.
- Increased maternity and paternity leave with length of service.
- We celebrate success. With a summer party, winter awards ceremony as well team events and incentives. throughout the year we also celebrate training achievements, birthdays, marriages, new babies and length of service awards.
- Pension - Eligible team members will benefit from a Royal London pension scheme.
- 24/7 team assistant line.
- Complimentary meal when on duty.
- Team Member of the Month Awards.
- Refer a Friend Award.
The Grantley Academy is our dedicated training facility based at East Lodge within the Grantley Hall estate. We offer on the job training, personal development, coaching & mentoring, managerial and supervisory training coupled with professional qualifications specific to each individual’s requirements.
On arrival, each team member will receive a bespoke development plan to support them in their new job role and their learning journey with us. Whether the dream is of becoming the next Michelin starred chef, leading marketeer or head housekeeper, the Grantley Academy will help pave your way to success.
Joining us at Grantley Hall brings the opportunity of a 5 star career at a 5 star hotel