Night Porter – Grantley Hall
Tips typically over £200 per month (£2,400 per year)
We are currently looking for a Night Porter to join our Front of House team at Grantley Hall.
40 hour contract (Working 5 days out of 7) and will include weekends
£20,800, along with excellent benefits and a monthly service charge
Previous Hotel experience is ESSENTIAL
Grantley Hall is an exclusive, five-star luxury hotel and wellness retreat, nestled in the heart of the Yorkshire Dales. With 47 exquisite rooms and suites, four exceptional restaurants and five sophisticated bars. The extensive development has also included the introduction of a tranquil spa and pioneering ELITE luxury gym and executive wellness facility, alongside a stunning events pavilion that seats up to 180 guests with a unique and glamorous champagne and cocktail bar.
Purpose of role:
To provide a 5 star service throughout the night continuing to run the operation and maintain the safety and security of the Hotel.
- Ensure all guests needs are exceeded at every opportunity during the night, including assisting with general guest requests throughout the night, assisting with transport arrangements as required and accommodating in room dining requests as required.
- To ensure the hotels cleanliness and standards are adhered to throughout the night, carrying out imperative walk arounds to ensure the hotel is secure.
- Report any issues and to take the appropriate action to mitigate any potential immediate risk. Reporting and notifying any issues to the Front Office or Assistant Front Office Managers.
- To continue the Front Office operation throughout the night, being responsible for assisting late arrivals, early departures and handling telephone enquiries. Ensuring you are meeting procedure guidelines and following standard operating procedures as set out by management.
- Ensure that all conference rooms are set up to the correct standard as outlined in the SOP manual by the correct time. To look after all delegates, ensuring rooms are serviced, clean, equipment provided and meals organised.
- To be flexible in one’s duty and to carry out additional tasks when requested and when the business demands. To complete any projects assigned by Senior Management and to be pro-active in your duties during less demanding times.
Key skills and qualities:
- Experience in a similar position in a luxury environment desirable, however full training will be given
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and a polite etiquette essential
- Computer literate and knowledge of Opera PMS desirable, however training will also be given on this
- Excellent customer service skills with the ability to communicate at all levels
- Well presented, adhering to Grantley Hall’s grooming standards at all times
- Full clean driving licence and over the age of 25 due to our insurance policies is desirable
The Grantley Academy is our dedicated training facility based at East Lodge within the Grantley Hall estate. We offer on the job training, personal development, coaching & mentoring, managerial and supervisory training coupled with professional qualifications specific to each individual’s requirements.
On arrival, each team member will receive a bespoke development plan to support them in their new job role and their learning journey with us. Whether the dream is of becoming the next Michelin starred chef, leading marketer or head housekeeper, the Grantley Academy will help pave your way to success.
Joining us at Grantley Hall brings the opportunity of a 5-star career at a 5 star hotel.