Head Waiter - Live In Available - Grantley Hall
Tips typically over £200 per month (£2,400 per year)
We are currently looking for a Head Waiter to join our Fletchers Restaurant & Norton Terrace at Grantley Hall. As a Head Waiter you will be responsible for coordinating, planning, and participating in all restaurant activities to ensure a highly efficient and professional service delivery to our guest standards.
Background of a high volume, luxury restaurant and bar experience.
- Working alongside the Restaurant Manager and Assistant Manager to run the shifts.
- Meeting and greeting customers, organising table reservations.
- To deal responsibly with payment transactions and maintain strict control of the bills.
- To lead, manage and inspire junior staff to deliver outstanding customer service.
- To work closely with the Management team and take their guidance to achieve high quality service standards as described in our Service Operating Procedures.
- Ensure each customer receives impeccable service.
- To take the take ownership of your section.
- Taking customers food orders.
- Delegating tasks and checking their execution.
- Supervise the set up and breakdown of the restaurant.
- Undertake monthly stock takes and overseeing and ordering of stock.
- Responsible for H&S, FSA requirements, Allergy Laws and Hygiene ratings.
Key Skills, Qualities & Experience
- Team player.
- Previous experience in a fine dining restaurant.
- Be passionate about delivering the highest levels of service to our guest in an engaging way.
- Personality combined with the ability to engage everyone around you and build long-term rapport with both the guests and your colleagues.
- Good written and oral communication skills.
- Enthusiastic, quick thinking and welcoming personality.
- Good business awareness for achieving successful performance.
- Have an eye for sales and help develop the business.
- A Great knowledge of food and wine.
- The ability to mentor and supervises a junior staff.
- Outstanding personal presentation and grooming.
- Excellent attention to detail in all aspects of the role.
- PC Literate, understanding of Microsoft outlook, Excel and Word.
Grantley Hall is an exclusive, five star luxury hotel and wellness retreat, nestled in the heart of the Yorkshire Dales. With 47 exquisite rooms and suites, four exceptional restaurants and three sophisticated bars. The extensive development has also included the introduction of a tranquil spa and pioneering ELITE luxury gym and executive wellness facility, alongside a stunning events pavilion that seats up to 180 guests with a unique and glamorous champagne and cocktail bar.
Grantley Hall aims to be a leading UK luxury hotel and wellness retreat, bringing a touch of vibrant cosmopolitan style to the Yorkshire countryside. We will create a long-lasting legacy that celebrates the rich heritage and history of Grantley Hall. Offering a distinctly different and diverse range of experiences and exceptional customer service, and combined with the warmth of our welcome, and relaxed Yorkshire charm we aim to create memorable moments for our guests to cherish and a magical place for our friends and colleagues to work.
Magical | Respectful | Innovative | Passionate | Consistent
- Live in Accommodation available
- 31 days annual leave (including bank holidays) increasing with service,
- Grantley Gateway - discounts on supermarket shopping, cinema tickets, meals out, local attractions and cash back on online purchases.
- Increased maternity and paternity leave with length of service.
- We celebrate success. With a summer party, winter awards ceremony as well team events and incentives. throughout the year we also celebrate training achievements, birthdays, marriages, new babies and length of service awards.
- Pension - Eligible team members will benefit from a NEST pension scheme.
- 24/7 team assistant line.
- Complimentary nutritious meal when on duty.
- Team Member of the Month Awards.
- Refer a Friend Award.
- All team members will be issued with a bespoke Grantley Hall uniform
The Grantley Academy is our dedicated training facility based at East Lodge within the Grantley Hall estate. We offer on the job training, personal development, coaching & mentoring, managerial and supervisory training coupled with professional qualifications specific to each individual’s requirements.
On arrival, each team member will receive a bespoke development plan to support them in their new job role and their learning journey with us. Whether the dream is of becoming the next Michelin starred chef, leading marketer or head housekeeper, the Grantley Academy will help pave your way to success.
Joining us at Grantley Hall brings the opportunity of a 5 star career at a 5 star hotel.