Team Leader - Kensington, London
“Arguably The Best Scandi Bakery In Town” Time Out
We have been Denmark’s favourite bakery for over 20 years, serving delicious breads, pastries and cakes made by hand, single estate coffee, great breakfasts, premium salads, Danish open-faced sandwiches and freshly made baguettes. We opened our flagship Bakery in Piccadilly Circus in Xmas 2016 to huge acclaim and fantastic reviews, now we continue our expansion in London
As a team leader at Ole & Steen you are responsible for leading your colleagues to seamless and successful shifts ensuring the store meets and exceeds brand standards, food safety audits, health and safety, KPI’s and customer experience.
You will perform the duties of the role with our Brand Purpose and Values at the forefront of actions, behaviours and approach. Our brand purpose is ‘Reconnecting us all with the goodness of real food.’
- Reconnecting: We do more than just make food, we build relationships.
- Us All: On your side, like minded and inclusive
- Goodness: The benefit of a balanced life and diet.
- Real Food: Best Recipes, best ingredients, best processes
Please Note: This role is for candidates who are looking for a Full Time role
We love what we do and who we surround ourselves with. This includes the people we work with, the sites we choose to open and the products we choose to serve
What you give is what you get and every act has consequence. This can be as simple as how you treat the people around you and your physical surroundings – respect given is respect gained.
The right to learn:
It is alright to experiment, as long as we learn from our failures as well as our successes. We are always looking to improve and try new things, regardless of outcome we can all learn something valuable
- To act as role model for staff and ambassador for Ole & Steen, reflecting the values, positive attitude and excellent standards at all times.
- Praise good performances by your team members
- Lead team member trial shifts within the set framework and ensuring that the experience is representative of the values of Ole & Steen for the applicant
- Assist in training and support new team members
- Know every person in your team understand them and their role
- Keep the team, the Bakery & yourself looking sharp and reflecting our brand standards.
- Contribute to weekly structured meetings with the management team to review progress and set weekly objectives/targets.
- Work closely with your management team to ensure that BOH & FOH teams fully understand each others roles and responsibilities and work as one team to deliver the best experience to our guests.
- Contribute to inspiring and motivating monthly Team Meetings making it a forum for sharing information, training and recognition.
- Always resolve conflicts and concerns raised by your team promptly and effectively in line with company policies and procedures, seek help and advice from your General Manager & keep them informed
- Promptly recognise and reward individual and team achievements. Communicate and implement all company reward and recognition initiatives. Give constructive feedback and share your ideas to ensure that we have rewards which are valued by our teams.
- Run the shift in the absence of a senior manager
- Be aware and seeking to grow your knowledge in all legislative and company standards, policies and procedures such as Employment Law, Licensing Laws, financial management, security procures and others. Manage your administration and contribute to team training required to ensure compliance.
- Always contribute to managing your Bakery in line with the Food Safety and Health and Safety Management Systems in order to safeguard guests, the team and the business. Achieve EHO and company’s auditing standards.
- Know when it's time to have fun and it's time to roll your sleeves up and get stuck in
- Bring energy & positivity into your Bakery every day
- Go out of your way to be helpful where needed
- Handle guest complaints with kindness and empathy, look to find a resolution
- Share your knowledge of specs and ingredients
- Know your daily targets and have fun in finding ways to beat them
- Build a rapport, remember your regulars and what they like.
- Run effective shifts that contributes to overall P&L
- Be sufficiently competent in any team members role so that you can help or advise when needed
- Cash up and float tills as required and ensure that the team adhere to correct till and cash- handling policy. Ensure all other administration and paperwork is completed accurately, on time and in line with company’s requirements and audits.
- Adhere to all opening and closing standards including cleaning recorded as per company’s requirements. Maintain brand standards. Ensure that all FOH and BOH team members are well-presented, follow the brand dress code and maintain excellent levels of personal hygiene standards.
- To assume overall responsibility for the smooth running of the kitchen.
- To achieve the highest food standards in order to exceed customer expectations.
- To ensure all Health and Safety guidelines set out by are followed to the letter
- Make sure that all food is built to spec and all weight and measures followed
- Daily walk rounds of the business as well as weekly audit with the GM should be done.
- In charge of following and implementing the correct par levels for production, have an eye for detail making sure the food is delivered to our company specs.
- Have in depth knowledge of our food specifications, share that knowledge. Ensure that all dishes served to our guests adhere to them at all times.
Benefits at working with Ole and Steen
- 50% discount at any Ole&Steen location
- Free meal whilst working
- Uniforms provided
- 28 days holidays
- Full time or part time hours – permanent or temporary contracts
- Learn new skills and grow with us – endless possible promotions
- 13 locations and growing