Health and Safety Officer (East)
Location: Covering the East region, to include Dover, up to Grimsby, including Cambridgeshire and Nottingham.
Pets at Home Group Plc is the UK’s leading pet care business; our commitment is to make sure pets and their owners get the very best advice, products and care. We have over 450 stores, over 310 Groom Rooms and 440 First Opinion Vet Practices. Our business is fast-paced, innovative and fun and it's our people that make the real difference. This is a fantastic opportunity to come and work for an award winning company who put people at the very heart of everything they do.
About this role
- As a Health and Safety Officer you will be the first point of contact for general H&S queries in your allocated region, and respond to any queries or requests for advice and guidance to all levels of management and colleagues. You will review and manage all reported accidents and Investigate all RIDDOR reportable incidents as well as audit all sites located in you allocated region and assist with the implementation of Risk Assessments.
- You will undertake Fire Risk Assessments at all premises within your allocated region and as requested and assist in the preparation of any documents required by the pre-action protocols for any personal injury claims received.
- You will provide support and guidance to Area Management and Stores/Practices on day to day Health and Safety Issues and in dealings with the Regulatory Authorities, maintaining a database of visits and informing relevant departments where further action is required. You will assist in the planned and ongoing review of all health and safety related documents and well as preparation and delivery of training/briefings on health and safety matters, as required.
Key Skills required:
- Ability to work well with other departments within the Group.
- Have an awareness of the RCVS Practice Standards Scheme and assist in implementation of H&S requirements under the scheme (Desirable but not essential).
- To be able to communicate effectively with external bodies (e.g. Radiation Protection Advisors - Desirable but not essential).
- As requested, be able to undertake specific Health and Safety Projects. Knowledge of Health and Safety legislation
- Experience of working in a multi-site environment.
- Ability to co-ordinate, prioritise and organise own workload.
- Time management skills (set targets, priorities etc).
- Computer literate with knowledge of Microsoft Office 365.
- Full driving licence – car provided.
- NVQ level 3 or level 5 (or working towards level 5 in Health and Safety)
- NEBOSH General Certificate in Health and Safety
Far more than a retailer, Pets at Home Group is the UK’s leading pet care specialist, fulfilling every possible pet and owner need, from food and accessories to grooming and vet services. Since 1991, we’ve been building a business around pets and their owners and we’ve set our sights on becoming the best pet care business in the world. Join us now and you can be part of that journey, developing your future as we develop ours. This is a place where you can take pride and passion in your work within an inspiring, professional team that’s focused on supporting pets and their owners to live happier lives together.
We’re driven by the wellbeing of pets and we make sure we look after our people too. We depend on your commitment and innovation, and reward it with competitive pay and comprehensive benefits. Together we’ll create the future of pet care.
Please note that we reserve the right to close the vacancy prior to the application deadline/closing date once a sufficient number of applications have been received.