Spa Receptionist - Colchester, Essex
Stoke by Nayland Hotel, Golf and Spa have an exciting opportunity for a Spa Receptionist to join their team.
Working as part of Peake Spa, and reporting to the Spa Assistant Reception Manager, the successful candidate will ensure that all reception duties are carried out effectively and efficiently to maximise the occupancy of the Spa.
The successful candidate will be responsible for;
- Maintaining good communication skills, whether face-to-face, on the telephone or in writing.
- Attending work punctually, as required by pre-arranged rota or as directed by your manager from time to time, properly attired and well turned-out in the company uniform, badge and accessories.
- Being aware of, and adhering to, booking procedures, applicable contractual terms and conditions and credit applications.
- Ensuring all potential bookings are maximised, thus increasing and maintaining budgetary spa figures whilst achieving average room rates through sound management practices.
- Ensuring that all the department’s correspondence, paperwork, control, and accounting/billing procedures are prepared and completed to the company standard of presentation and accuracy required.
- For all floats and to account for all monies taken to ensure that daily takings are banked properly.
- Maintaining good liaison and communications with management, the Reception team, Reservations, Sales and all other departments.
- Ensuring all potential and actual guests are dealt with efficiently and courtesy and all queries and complaints are satisfactorily resolved.
- Actively sell all products and extra treatments. To actively sell the facilities of the hotel and, where possible, to convert enquiries into business.
- Having a thorough knowledge of the spa and all its facilities, including rates, opening times and special offers.
- The management of the Spa & Gym diary and ensure all space is utilised effectively, thus achieving maximum occupancy. To maintain good general word-processing skills, and deal promptly and properly with incoming mail.
Qualifications or desired skills
The ideal candidate;
- Will have a professional attitude and approach to work.
- Have excellent organisational skills.
- Have experience working in a customer service environment.
- Have excellent attention to detail and ability to use.
- Experience working in a fast-paced environment.
- Have the ability to work alone and in a team.
- Have a good telephone manner.
- Be able to work under pressure.
- Have the ability to multitask.
- Due to our rural location, having your own transport is essential.
SbN Staff Benefits
• Friendly and fun environment to work in.
• Employee discount on hotel stays.
• Discounts on golf membership.
• Discounted rates on Gym membership
• Discounted treatments.
Additional Information –As part of the Spa Team you will be required to work varying shifts including weekends. This role offers an excellent employee benefits package as well as 28 days holiday on a pro-rata basis. Due to our location, having your own transport is essential.