Pastry Chef | Viennoiserie Section- Brighton
£23-25k / Full-time
The Flour Pot Bakery is a family owned independent artisan bakery in Portslade (Brighton & Hove), specialising in long fermented sourdough, yeasted breads and viennoiserie. We serve our own Flour Pot shops across East Sussex and a growing wholesale customer base that appreciate the best quality handcrafted products.
Our viennoiserie section has a range including croissants, pain au chocolat, pain raisin, and a selection of vegan and danish pastries. The job outline and requirements as follows:
- Mixing and shaping dough
- Shaping and preparing butter sheets
- Laminating dough and shaping croissants and other styles of viennoiserie
- Keeping track of fermentation and adjusting schedules and timing to ensure consistency
- Preparing other ingredients to be used in danishes, twice-baked croissants, etc.
- Baking, proofing and traying up pastries
- Cleaning and maintaining bakery equipment
- Maintaining production schedules to ensure adequate quantities of pastrieS
- Highly motivated team player
The ideal candidate will have at least 2 years experience in a similar role.
Please note that applications can only be considered if you are currently legally entitled to work in the UK. We are not presently recruiting from outside the EU. Applicants must be able to attend a trial and/or commence work in Brighton immediately. Fluent English language skills are essential.
WHAT WE OFFER
- Competitive salary (with overtime)
- Relocation support
- Pension scheme
- Staff discounts in-store
- 28 days holiday (inc. bank holidays)
- Career progression
- Plus more
The Flour Pot Bakery is committed to building an inclusive and diverse workforce. We believe a diverse team is a successful team. We want to offer opportunities to people from all backgrounds irrespective of age, disability, gender and transgender status, race and ethnicity, religion and belief (including no belief), marriage or civil partnership status or sexual orientation. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we welcome and consider applications from all qualified candidates, regardless of background