Assistant Manager at Farm Girl
Farm Girl are looking for an experienced and enthusiastic Assistant Manager. We are looking for someone who has a keen interest in the hospitality industry with the focus on wellness. We are a leading cafe within the wellness industry and we pride ourselves on the quality of our food, drinks and customer service.
- Approach - Maintain an enthusiastic, engaged, and passionate approach to food and great service, with the ability to cope under pressure. Set an example and maintain a good working atmosphere.
- Floor – Day to day running of the café and managing the floor.
- Training – Support in training all staff to the highest standard, particularly in:
- Customer Service Standards
- Full understanding and knowledge of menu.
- Full understanding of allergens
- Health & safety.
- Teamwork and communication – Emphasise the importance of teamwork and encourage initiative amongst the Front of House staff.
- Sales – Drive the team and increase upselling
- Cleanliness – Ensure the Café maintains the highest levels of cleanliness.
- Equipment – Maintain all equipment (iPod, iPad, Fridges, coffee machine, …) and report breakages
- Logistics – process improvements and suggestions for better workflow during busy/quiet times.
- Wastage and stock rotation – monitor and record all wastage.
- Cover General Manager when absent (Day off/annual leave)
- Ordering from suppliers, stock replenished and maintained (FOH/BOH)
- Organising rotas (FOH/Barista)
- Cash Handling, stocktaking, cashing up and filing expenditure
- Pest control checks
- Deliveroo/Uber Eats management. (Stock on devices and activity)
- Min 1 year experience in a similar role
- Comfortable leading a team
- Knowledge of food safety (Labels, Shelf life,...)
- Being organised
- Barista skill (preferred)
- Working with high volume
- Great spoken and written English
WHAT’S IN IT FOR YOU
- 6-months performance reviews with a possible wage increase or bonus.
- 50% discount at all Farm Girl cafés.
- 20 holidays + 8 bank holidays (pro rata)
- Regular Incentives
- Meal and hot drinks on shift.
- Bring-a-friend scheme.