Wedding & Events Co-ordinator – Chilston Park Hotel, Lenham
We are looking for a Wedding & Events Co-ordinator to join our Hand Picked team at Chilston Park Hotel. If helping someone to plan and organise every little detail of a wedding or event is your idea of the perfect job, this is the role for you.
Chilston Park Hotel is a popular wedding venue that offers exclusive use weddings, with a significant number of weddings booked in for 2021 and 2022. Therefore we will only consider applicants with experience in a similar role or have hotel experience and relevant events qualification.
You will be the ultimate people person who enjoys building positive relationships with everyone you meet, giving them faith and confidence in your knowledge and event organisation abilities from the very first conversation.
You are also sales focused and enjoy making recommendations to meet the needs of your clients and their budgets. Whether it's a wedding, private dinner or a big birthday bash, you'll take the reins and help to plan the event from start to finish.
The fantastic feedback you receive and clients saying "Thank you for all your help!" will motivate you and be a regular highlight to your working week.
This role involves working 40 hours per week typically 9am-5pm, to include some weekends on a rota basis and the occasional evening for our wedding open events.
What's in it for you:
- A share of service charge - 100% of which is split between the team
- Staff meals on duty provided
- 28 days holiday rising to 33 days with service - we think it's fair to value loyalty
- £30 staff stays with Hand Picked Hotels per room Bed & Breakfast PLUS discounted food, drink and spa treatments Yes, it's as good as it sounds!
- Annual loyalty awards (like afternoon teas and overnight stays)
- Online retail discount platform offering thousands of savings with high street retailers and restaurants as well as a health and well-being platform
- Pension and Life Assurance Scheme
- You will live locally to our Hotel as there is no public transport or within a reasonable commute
- You will have at least a years' experience in a similar role or have service experience and relevant events qualification
- You will have a key interest in weddings and events and can demonstrate knowledge of current market trends
- Knowledge of "Opera" is desirable but not essential
- You will have high standards of personal presentation
- You have the ability to establish rapport and deliver high standards of service with a genuine and approachable manner
- You'll have experience of working in a fast-paced, busy environment
- You'll be excellent at building a rapport with colleagues and guests
- Most of all, you'll have a professional, organised and friendly approach
Please note that an Events management or Hospitality qualification is desirable but not essential
Chilston Park Hotel is a 4 red star Hotel with a 2 Rosette restaurant. It is a very popular wedding venue and has a variety of function and event spaces available for our guests to choose from and enjoy.
Hand Picked Hotels is a private collection of 19 country house hotels throughout the United Kingdom and Channel Islands. Each of our properties has its own charming character, and all of them are set in stunning surroundings; from the sandy shores of Jersey to the rolling hills of Yorkshire.
With welcoming and charming service delivered in truly inspirational settings, our guests are encouraged to relax, kick off their shoes and indulge. You make it Hand Picked!
Hand Picked Hotels is an Equal Opportunities employer.
Candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK.