Conference & Events Porter - Full Time - Norton House Hotel & Spa
Do you have waiting experience and an interest in Events? Are you looking for a Full time role as part of a friendly and professional team? If so this might be the role for you!
As a Full Time Conference & Events Porter at Norton House Hotel & Spa you will be required to work a mixture of shifts to include earlies from 7am to 3.30pm, or lates from 2.30pm - 11pm/Midnight and weekends as these tend to be the busiest days.
You will support the Conference & Banqueting team with functions, conferences, private dining and of course the all important weddings, helping to ensure everything is set up and ready in advance, that the event details are checked and double checked and that everything runs smoothly. This role requires manual handling, as it involves setting up functions and moving and lifting large tables and stacks of chairs.
You will have the opportunity to make someone’s day – every day. Whether it’s keeping the Bride and Groom happy or remembering that Ms. Porter - a regular conference attendee has an allergy to Gluten.
What’s in it for you:
• Hourly pay, with any overtime paid plus service charge to boost their earnings.
• The opportunity to work in a historic property in a stunning location - although due to our location you will need to either live in or have your own transport, as public transport is not an option
• Meals on duty are provided
• 28 days holiday rising to 33 days with service – we think it’s fair to value loyalty.
• £30 staff stays with Hand Picked Hotels per room Bed & Breakfast PLUS 25% discount of all food & drink. Yes, it’s as good as it sounds!
• Annual loyalty awards (like afternoon teas and overnight stays) and our Health Club membership for only £30 a month, to include use of our gym and swimming pool
• Free parking on site
• Online retail discount platform offering thousands of savings with high street retailers and restaurants as well as a health and well-being platform
• Ideally you will have some experience in a similar role
• You’ll be a team player with bags of enthusiasm and a big smile
• You’ll take pride in your appearance, and proud to be the face of Hand Picked
• You’ll be a stickler for hygiene and be able to demonstrate best practice
• You’ll feel comfortable in a fast-paced, busy environment
• Most of all, you’ll have a friendly, positive and proactive manner
Norton House Hotel & Spa is a 4 Red Star Hotel with 83 bedrooms. It is a very popular leisure stay and wedding venue, has a brasserie style restaurant and a busy Health Club & Spa.
Hand Picked Hotels is a private collection of 19 country house hotels throughout the United Kingdom and Channel Islands. Each of our properties has its own charming character, and all of them are set in stunning surroundings; from the sandy shores of Jersey to the rolling hills of Yorkshire.
With welcoming and charming service delivered in truly inspirational settings, our guests are encouraged to relax, kick off their shoes and indulge. You make it Hand Picked!
Hand Picked Hotels is an Equal Opportunities employer. Candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK.