Member Experience Coordinator (Fixed Term for 6 Months) - Henley-on-Thames
MEMBER EXPERIENCE COORDINATOR
FULL TIME – 40 HOURS PER WEEK
FIXED TERM FOR 6 MONTHS
SALARY £20,000 - £25,000 p.a.
Reporting to the Member Experience Manager this role will involve acting as the first point of contact for our Members at the Club. You will be responsible for ensuring our Members receive a warm and friendly welcome and any queries are dealt with in an efficient and professional manner.
The Member Experience Coordinator will be responsible for supporting and organising all Member and Prospective Member Events including those for prospects, applicants, Interest Groups, Club and private events.
You should have exceptional customer service skills and enjoy conversing with Members and visitors to the Club. You should be a clear communicator and be able to demonstrate great teamwork.
- Build a good rapport and relationship with our Members and their guests.
- Plan and organise event delivery as part of the Member Experience Team ensuring Club standards are being delivered.
- Run events effectively working closely with the Operations Teams e.g. Food & Beverage & Kitchen to ensure Member satisfaction.
- Promote new Memberships through Open Evenings and personal tours and attend new Member evenings as required.
- Generate Member initiatives and ideas to support the retention of current Members and attract new Members.
- Work with and support marketing with promotion of events, internal and external communications, and literature updates.
- Deal with Member enquiries via telephone, email etc. in a friendly and efficient manner
- Actively promote and sell Club services and products available to our Members.
- Work with and support the Membership Administrators where required.
- Maintain and accurately keep all Member records updated which are held on internal systems.
- Ensure completion of all paperwork for each event, and accurately uploading information onto a database in a timely manner.
- Ensure that all financial transactions are completed in accordance with PCC procedures.
- Attend networking events to promote the Club where required.
- Able to seek solutions and resolve problems, as and when they arise.
Hours of work:
You will be working closely with the Operation Teams e.g., Food & Beverage, Kitchen & Reception in order to support Member events and activities therefore you will be required to work mornings, evenings, weekends and bank holidays as required.
- Experience in a similar role.
- Friendly and welcoming approaching and a proven ability to build strong relationships.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Highly organised approach to work, including ability to prioritise own workload.
- Experience in dealing with difficult situations – internal & external.
- Ability to demonstrate resourcefulness and take ownership of issues through to resolution.
- Computer literacy including Microsoft Office suite of software (Excel, Word, Outlook and the Internet) and CMS systems.
- Experience or exposure to marketing including updating of websites, literature, social media posts etc.
- The ability to work on your own initiative, be creative and generate ideas for Member retention.
- Ability to remain calm during difficult situations or in a very busy environment.
- The ability to work as part of team or alone.
- Hands on, can do and proactive – One Team ethos.
As well as the traditional benefits such as our pension scheme, life assurance and 28 days holiday each year (pro rata), you will enjoy extra perks when you join the team at Phyllis Court.
- Perkbox (discounts at high street retailers and restaurants)
- Employee Assistance Programme (EAP) and wellbeing support
- Meals and hot drinks while on duty
- Complimentary parking onsite
- Friends and family rates for hotel accommodation and special event bookings
- Friends and family tickets for Henley Royal Regatta
- Staff socials and events
- Automatic enrolment in the Club pension scheme
- Life assurance scheme
- Staff accommodation on request