Brand Communications Coordinator - Henley-on-Thames
As the Brand Communications Coordinator, you will manage the Clubs external and internal marketing and communications. You will work closely with the Member Experience Manager to maintain the brand reputation, recruit new Members and showcase the Club’s luxury culture.
You should have a strong can do attitude, creative flare and first class communication skills. You will have the ability to collaborate with internal and external stakeholders and oversee multiple projects at any time.
Reporting To: Member Experience Manager
Salary: £25,000.00 to £28,000.00 p.a.
Hours of work:
This role is required to work 40 hours per week. You may occasionally be required to work mornings, evenings, weekends and bank holidays for the role.
Branding & Marketing
- Alongside the CEO, create and maintain the marketing strategy and brand guidelines for Phyllis Court
- Create consistent, strong, and on-brand messaging to increase brand exposure within the membership community and externally
- Act as the brand spokesperson with media relations and ensure brand guidelines are followed
- Bring creativity, dedication, and passion to the brand
- Establish brand positioning by identifying target audiences, recognising their behaviour and developing marketing plans to reach those identified audiences
- Submit marketing reports to the Club Secretary/Council (Board of Directors)
- Coordination of the PR function of the business, including writing press releases and responding to press enquiries for filming, imagery, and all other media assets
- Support other areas of the business with marketing and communications including sales and events, membership, and human resources
- Support the Membership team to drive member recruitment, retention, and renewals throughout the year
- Discover, capture and share the Club’s best stories to showcase the Club culture
- Manage all communications from Phyllis Court
Literature and Design
- Write copy for all marketing collateral and literature such as brochures, menu announcements, news articles, letters, forms, and online material.
- Production of printed Club literature using Adobe software such as In Design and Photoshop
- Ensure timely publication of the Club News Magazine by developing and executing a content strategy, managing Graphic Designers, and sourcing, writing and editing engaging content – demonstrating strong proofreading and editing skills
- Act as the first point of contact for copy and design requirements including website content, printed literature, marketing collateral within the Club and signage
- Liaise with external designers, printers, and photographers
- Produce, manage, and distribute all digital and e-marketing to Members and staff including a weekly newsletter.
- Monitor online presence, engaging with responses to reinforce positivity around the brand and grow confidence
- Development and execution of social media plans across multiple platforms including Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter
- Run and monitor paid for advertising on social media as part of specific campaigns to grow Membership or advertise events
- Drive engagement and interaction across social media ensuring digital content is current
- Regular website maintenance and updating of content and imagery
- Monitor SEO and update the Club website accordingly
- Manage multiple external providers including graphic designers, publishers, photographers, and web developers to deliver on-brand material
- Build solid relationships with local businesses and partner organisations and support these relationships through the distribution of marketing collateral, press releases and adverts
- Conduct market research using surveys/questionnaires, web research or focus groups when required
- Have an understanding of membership, events and Interest Groups to be able to assist the team when necessary
- Work as part of the team to organise, coordinate and execute Club event
- Lead the internal management and running of the Marketing Department including raising purchase orders to ensure spend falls within the Marketing budget
- Meet internal deadlines as well as those set by partner organisation or press
- All other admin duties as required
- Experience in a similar role
- Friendly and welcoming and a proven ability to build strong relationships
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience working end to end on campaigns, from concept development through to implementation
- Experience developing collateral across a range of media
- Highly organised approach to work, including ability to prioritise own workload
- Ability to demonstrate resourcefulness and take ownership of issues through to resolution
- Computer literacy including Microsoft Office suite of software (Excel, Word, Outlook and the Internet) and CMS systems. Experience using Adobe InDesign and Photoshop is preferred but not essential.
- Confident with the use of social media platforms and tools
- Experience in writing press releases, articles or other literature
- The ability to work on your own initiative, be creative and generate ideas for Member retention
- Collaborative and creative
- The ability to work as part of team or alone
- Hands on, can do and proactive – One Team ethos.