Hotel Receptionist - Norton House Hotel & Spa, Edinburgh
We are looking for a Hotel Receptionist to join our team at Norton House Hotel & Spa in Edinburgh.
Our receptionists are the first member of Hand Picked our guests speak to, which means you’ll get to make one of the biggest impressions. You will be able to give a fantastic welcome and get our customers excited about their stay, whether that’s showing off the hotel with a guided tour, or showing the guests the way to their bedroom and assisting them with their bags.
It doesn’t matter if they’re first time visitors or returning guests, you’ll charm them from the initial welcome to the “have a safe journey home” with your impeccable standards of service.
This is a Part Time role working 32 hours over 4 days, this includes early shifts from 7am - 3.30pm and late shifts from 2.30pm - 11pm. Shifts will be assigned on a rota basis and will include weekends.
What’s in it for you:
- Hourly pay plus a share of service charge to boost your earnings - 100% of which is split between the team
- Use of Health Club facilities including gym, swimming pool and fitness classes for just £30 per month
- Delicious meals on duty provided
- 28 days holiday rising to 33 days with service – we think it’s fair to value loyalty.
- £30 staff stays with Hand Picked Hotels per room Bed & Breakfast PLUS 25% discount of all food & drink. Yes, it’s as good as it sounds!
- Annual loyalty awards (like afternoon teas and overnight stays)
- Working in stunning surroundings and in a property packed with character
- Free parking on site
- Online retail discount platform offering thousands of savings with high street retailers and restaurants as well as a health and well-being platform
- Most of all, you’ll have a friendly, welcoming and genuine manner
- You’ll be passionate about making our guests feel at home, and will develop a thorough knowledge of our of hotel products and services
- You’ll feel comfortable in a fast-paced, busy environment
- You’ll ideally have previous experience in a similar environment and role, ideally with Opera knowledge, but this is not essential
- You’ll be excellent at building a rapport with new and returning guests
- You’ll take pride in your appearance, as the face of Hand Picked Hotels
Norton House Hotel & Spa is a 4 Star Hotel in Edinburgh - it has 83 bedrooms, a restaurant and a Health Club & Spa. It is a stunning Hotel set in a beautiful location with a friendly and hardworking team.
Hand Picked Hotels is a private collection of 19 country house hotels throughout the United Kingdom and Channel Islands. Each of our properties has its own charming character, and all of them are set in stunning surroundings; from the sandy shores of Jersey to the rolling hills of Yorkshire.
With welcoming and charming service delivered in truly inspirational settings, our guests are encouraged to relax, kick off their shoes and indulge. You make it Hand Picked!
Hand Picked Hotels is an Equal Opportunities employer. Candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK.