Location: Handforth based
About the Pets at Home Group
Pets at Home Group Plc is the UK’s leading pet care business; our commitment is to make sure pets and their owners get the very best advice, products and care. We have over 450 stores, over 310 Groom Rooms and 440 First Opinion Vet Practices. Our business is fast-paced, innovative and fun and it's our people that make the real difference. This is a fantastic opportunity to come and work for an award winning company who put people at the very heart of everything they do.
About the Role
We are looking for a talented individual who is seeking an opportunity to learn new skills in a thriving and excitable business. This is a perfect opportunity for you, if you are looking for an opportunity to gain further experience with a forward thinking, fast paced retail business. You’ll work with the wider Trading team at our Support Office in Handforth (Cheshire) and your role will be to provide comprehensive administrative support, ensuring that tasks are undertaken accurately and to the required deadlines and to drive overall performance of the category.
- To create and manage article list and maintain data integrity in line with company targets
- To facilitate the range review process adhering to the critical path to ensure on time launches
- Liaise with suppliers and manage audit trail and develop relationships with the supplier base
- Managing sample process, involving requesting, reviewing and managing all samples for the category
- To ensure the Promotional and Pricing process is completed efficiently and accurately on behalf of the Buyer/s
- To ensure all Point Of Sale is managed through the Media Centre and signed off by the Buyer
- To provide great customer service to both store and support office colleagues through speedy and accurate issue resolution
- To carry out the accurate filing and maintenance of all required records in line with company procedures and legal guidelines, on behalf of the Buyer
- Attend, and take comprehensive and detailed meeting notes and actions
- Conduct competitor store visit reports and feedback to team
- Liaising with stores, suppliers and customer services in association with the quality team to ensure a timely response to any quality issues raised
- Responsible for preparing for all stores communications for final sign off by the Buyer
- Production of specific financial reports for the weekly trading meeting
- Producing ad hoc reports and gathering information as instructed by the Buyer
Key Skills Required;
- Ideally you will have experience of working within an office environment; ideally this will be gained within the retail sector.
- Ideally you will have a Degree Level Qualification or equivalent, but it’s not essential.
- You’ll be PC literate on Excel & Microsoft Office.
- You will be commercially aware.
- You’ll be extremely analytical and numerical with a high degree of accuracy and a high level of attention to detail.
- You will utilise your excellent communication skills both internally as you work cross-functionally with other teams and externally, as you network and liaise with our suppliers.
- You will be able to challenge where appropriate and influence others.
- It is essential that you are highly organised with the ability to multi-task and prioritise your own work load, working to the required deadlines.
- You’ll be able to demonstrate your tenacity in the pursuit of a target.
If this sound like the role you’ve been looking for, then press the Apply Now button, and in a few short steps we would have received your application!