Buyer - Leeds
Are you looking to take the next step in your Buying career?
We have a fantastic opportunity to work on the food trading floor at Asda within the Baby category looking after our Nursery & Accessories business. We are looking for a Buyer to join this function on a parental leave cover basis.
The baby business is one of Asda's most important categories as it drives recruitment of new families to Asda. The category has a mixture of well-known brands like Proctor and Gamble as well as a developed Own label presence with the Little Angels Brand.
The market is highly competitive with Discounters, Grocers, Specialists (Mothercare) and Online retailers all competing to win the valuable 's of the baby shopper.
In this role, you will be responsible for buying our rapidly growing Accessories & Nursery category, which trades across Superstores, Supermarkets, Living stores, Grocery Home shopping and George.com. This is a truly multi-functional role requiring skills in, range planning, managing and developing new supplier relationships with branded suppliers as well as smaller developing suppliers. being able to negotiate compelling promotional plans and the ability to trading on the George.com format.
- Have a proven track record in trading within your current function
- This is a high profile role, so the ability to work well cross functionally and communicate confidently at all levels is essential
- Experience of managing & influencing a diverse supplier base and be experienced in negotiating
- As well as being results focussed with strong commercial skills, experience in supporting the delivery of the category P&L
- Passionate about product and doing the right thing for our customers, ensuring quality & the best price
If flexible working is important to you, then look no further! At Asda, we are proud of our culture and our commitment to flexible working. This role is based at Asda House, Leeds with the opportunity to work from home 2-3 days per week
You will also get an excellent benefits package including;-
Discretionary company bonus Company pension up to 7% matched 10% colleague discount, free parking and many additional rewards.
We want all colleagues to be able to bring their best and true selves to work, every day. Simply put, we want our colleagues to be Proud to be Asda and proud to be themselves.