Senior Business Data Analyst - Leeds
Do you have experience of working on large-scale data projects? Are you interested in a once-in a career opportunity to be part of a small team focusing on analysis of all data activity due to be migrated from existing capabilities and processes to a new data ecosystem in one of the largest UK retailers?
As a senior Business Data Analyst working on the Asda Futures programme, you will play a key role in ensuring that Asda Technology's delivery teams are well equipped to transition as-is data activities to a new data ecosystem. You will be working with data experts from across Asda's entire business, where you'll liaise closely with them to understand their business processes and how these relate to their data activities, translating these into robust technical requirements for delivery teams. You will also support them throughout the journey, with the opportunity to get involved in hands on data activity as the programme progresses.
Future' is the name for the programme that will see Asda create their new operating model, independent from Walmart. Technology will undoubtedly be one of the most ambitious parts of this work where all of the technology decisions made will underpin the way the entire business will operate in the future. To enable this programme, the technology operating model will be transitioned to become self-sufficient from Walmart offering so many exciting opportunities.
What you'll be responsible for:
- Working with data experts from across Asda's business areas to understand the data sources they rely upon for business critical reporting, and map these back to systems, while also documenting the business use of the associated reports and dashboards
- Working with data experts to elicit data reporting requirements and prioritise reports/dashboards for migration
- Working with Solution Architects and Data Architects to ensure that the agreed requirements are reflected in the technical design
- Working with both internal technical teams & external vendors to ensure that the solution adequately meets the requirements
- Managing requests and the application of changes to requirements
- Planning Business Analysis activities and communicating the plan to the wider project team and the business as appropriate
- Data background and expertise in a variety of modelling & analysis tools, methods and standards, e.g. SQL, Wireframes, Use cases, User stories, and Business process modelling.
- Ideally you'll also have previous experience of the full project lifecycle in Agile and Waterfall methodologies.
If flexible working is important to you, then look no further! At Asda, we are proud of our culture and our commitment to flexible working. This role is based at Asda House, Leeds with the flexibility to work from home 2-3 days per week
You will also get an excellent benefits package including:
- Company car or 5,700 car allowance, plus discretionary company bonus
- Company pension up to 7% matched
- 10% colleague discount, free parking and many additional rewards.
We want all colleagues to be able to bring their best and true selves to work, every day. Simply put, we want our colleagues to be Proud to be Asda and proud to be themselves.
If you have any questions, then please email firstname.lastname@example.org