Breakfast ChefBreakfast Chef, Hotel Indigo, York
Great restaurant memories come from many places. The sights, sounds, scents and importantly the food. Your passion for presentation and dedication to delivering high quality dishes will complete our guest’s experience. By taking pride in your workspace, keeping your standards high, and giving our menu the benefit of your expertise, you’ll create some of our guests’ most lasting memories.
You’ll be responsible for preparing and delivering “the most important meal of the day” (Breakfast). If you are a chef with a passion to cook great food, with great presentation then we would be interested to meet you!
What we offer you
We want our staff to enjoy coming to work and provide a friendly and supportive environment for you to work in. You’ll develop personally through meeting and working with people from all over the world as we create memorable guest experiences together, and for those keen develop you’ll have the opportunity to explore the business with various career options. In addition, on offer:
- 28 holiday days (pro rata for part time)
- Automatic Enrolment into a workplace pension scheme
- Heavily discounted hotel stays and food & beverage discounts
- Use of worldwide IHG team member rates
- Amazing high street and lifestyle savings for you and your family
- 24/7 Employee Assistance Programme for you and your family
Hotel Indigo, York hotel is a unique and trendy hotel set in the heart of York. The hotel boasts 103 unique bedrooms, with a funky and trendy Restaurant and Bar named No.88 Walmgate.
The team is very passionate, enthusiastic, and very energetic! The culture in the hotel is very important, and that is; trying to deliver the Hotel’s goals and objectives whilst at the same time creating a fun and great work/life balance for all!
York Train station is easily accessible, the hotel is a 12 minute walk from the Train Station. There are plenty of drop off points all throughout York for bus routes in and out of the city, with a main bus route running past the hotel on Walmgate.
Your role in our family:
This is a fast paced, busy, buzzing, customer focused environment. You will need strong interpersonal and problem-solving skills, and work as part of a team focused on consistently achieving high standards to meet customers’ expectations. You will also demonstrate;
What happens next
- A passion for food. Creative, innovative, enthusiastic and motivated, with an experience in a similar role
- Ability to remain calm under pressure in a fast paced environment
- High standards of cleanliness and an understanding of health, safety and food safety regulations
- A proactive and organised approached
- The ability to work on your own initiative and as part of a team
- Good communication skills
Does the Commis Chef role suit your skillset? Apply now, this takes second, you’ll just need to provide some contact details along with a CV. Next, we’ll review your details, and if successful we’ll invite you to meet one of the team to learn more about you, your experience and let us tell more about the Splendid Hospitality Group.
The Splendid Hospitality Group is an equal opportunities employer and a disability confident committed employer, committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture.