Breakfast Assistant - Colchester, Essex
Stoke by Nayland Hotel, Golf and Spa is looking for experienced Food & Beverage staff to join their breakfast team.
Working as part of the Food & Beverage Team, and reporting to the F&B Supervisor, the successful candidate will work to support the Supervisor. Working in a busy environment you will be well organised and have the ability to multi-task whilst maintaining the epitome of calm. Great knowledge of service and an outgoing bubbly personality is essential. Being a Golf, Hotel Resort we serve a multitude of guests from corporate business, romantic breaks to golf groups, hence an understanding of busy service is a must. This is a hands-on role that would suit a motivated, individual who has a positive outlook and natural interest in learning new skills and being organised.
The successful candidate will be responsible for;
- Breakfast operation, including weekdays and weekends
- Developing and maintaining standards
- Control of purchasing and breakfast par stock levels
- Short & long term planning in conjunction with the Food & Beverage Team
- Breakfast close down and cash up
Qualifications or desired skills
- Busy Restaurant experience
- Golf Club / Hotel / Resort experience preferred but not essential
- Experience working with a POS & FOH system
- Have excellent organisational skills
- Have the ability to work alone and as part of a team
- The desire for knowledge and developing one’s self and team
Additional Information – As part of the Food & Beverage Team you will be expected to work five days from seven, including weekends, 6.30 am either till 12 noon or 3 pm dependant on business. Alternative finish times and a number of days worked, can be discussed based on the individuals need, however being able to start at 6.30 am including weekends is a must. This role offers a competitive rate as well as additional employee benefits. When applying please also give details of present rate and salary expectations. Due to our location, having your own transport is essential.
SbN Staff Benefits
- 28 days holiday on a pro-rata basis
- Regular training and career progression opportunities
- Reduced gym or golf membership for the first year, which is free thereafter
- Staff rate on overnight stays