American Golf is Europe's largest golf retailer with over 95 stores across the UK and Ireland. We recognise talent. For us, it’s all about loving what you do, whilst a passion for golf will be well received, it is more about the service and expertise we deliver as a business.
Reporting to the Trading Manager and working within the wider eCommerce Team, Online Trading Executives are responsible for driving the success of the American golf (AG) and OnlineGolf (OG) web channels through the effective campaign execution, visual merchandising and trading of products online.
Through outstanding planning and execution, plus strong relationships with Commercial and Marketing teams, and a thorough understanding of the web channel and wider market, the Online Trading Executives will ensure that online sales and conversion opportunities are always maximised across each domain.
- Support delivery of sales, margin and conversion targets against budget and short term forecasts.
- Using Tools in GA, Salesforce & Phocas to monitor and Report on Metrics Including Bounce rates, Promotional performance & Coupon usage.
- Use content management system within Demandware to set up, test, execute and maintain promotions, offers and multibuys
- Full testing of all qualifying & non-qualifying scenarios for all promotions and multibuys.
- Execute the Trading Calendar, including key promotional critical paths and tactical activities (category events, flash sales).
- Executing Promotional and Site content changes from an aligned banner plan along with creating categories and promotions
- Maintaining Campaigns & promotions in the AG App
- Working with Internal/External Marketing to share campaign creative, Latest promotional updates & products/brands/categories of focus
- Maintaining & Reviewing Sorting rules by Category to optimise Sales & Conversion, aligning to trading conditions to push certain products.
- Working with the Online Merchandising team to set up relevant Bundles, Cross-Sells & Upsells along the customer journey.
- Working with the CRM team to collaborate on Email recommendations in line with Trading Conditions.
- Tracking Competitor Activity and Pricing on KeyLines
Campaign & Design
- Attending Weekly Campaign updates to ensure workload priority is set and updates are received
- Briefing Campaign Elements & wireframes to design team to ensure promotional calendars & Brand agreements are adhered to and represented
- Sign off on creative prior to go-live, testing links and customer journeys prior to go-live.
- Working with Web Design to create promotional and Brand pages that best suit the requirements and Customer Journey
- Daily & Weekly Site Reporting & Housekeeping Including:
- Weekly Reviewing Page sorting rules to best serve our commercial outlay including Sales, Stock & Einstein Recommendations.
- Weekly Email collaborations, working with CRM to sense check Products and Landing pages from a Trading POV are appropriate
- Weekly Overview on Key Competitors from a campaign and promotional POV including price analysis
- Weekly checks we are consistent across Desktop, Mobile & App when making updates or launching campaigns.
- Weekly Updates of the Trading Calendar to Capture banner plans and Promotions
- Weekly Updates to Digital Agencies to ensure we are aligned on Product, Promotional & Stock updates
- Weekly Reporting of Key Competitor activity and benchmark pricing
- Achieving Site Sales, Margin, Conversion & AOV Targets
- Achieving target Own Brand Mix
- Campaigns & Promotions are executed in line with deadlines
Essential Knowledge, Skills, Proven Ability or Role Specific
- Graduate or Graduate calibre with over 12 months experience in a similar eCommerce role.
- Previous experience of using Content Management Systems e.g. SalesForce or equivalent.
- Good understanding of eCommerce in general and conversion drivers within eCommerce.
- Outstanding planning, organisational and prioritisation skills.
- Excellent analytical and numerical skills.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Ability to understand and drive the business and competitive positioning.
- Good interpersonal skills and strong team player.
- Ability to think strategically and creatively whilst understanding commercial implications of decisions.
- Strong communication, influencing and presentation skills.
- Good working knowledge of MS Office & Excel.
- Passionate, knowledgeable and enthusiastic about golf.
- Previous experience and knowledge of trading in the UK and European retail markets.
- Previous experience of working within a clothing/apparel retail business.
What will you receive:
- 22 days holiday excluding bank holidays
- A day off to celebrate your Birthday!
- 25% staff discount
- Company bonus applicable
This is a fantastic opportunity to join Europe's Largest golf retailer and support our ongoing growth as a market leader. If you are interested in this position apply today!