Exercise on Referral Instructor – West London
- Part time roles
- Location: West London
- Varied Hours (Total hours vacant 41 hours so, this could be between 2 people or 3 people depending on applications through and days they are available to work)
Lampton Leisure is a new company setup to manage and operate the leisure services for Hounslow Council across the borough in Brentford, Chiswick, Hanworth, Heston, Isleworth & Osterley. Our leisure centres boast a full range of facilities including fitness studios, health suites, swimming pools, indoor & outdoor courts, pitches, tracks and café facilities. It is our mission to provide inclusive and safe environments where we deliver supportive and professional services for all ages, abilities and backgrounds. Join the team and help make a difference to the local communities in Hounslow!
To lead and deliver exercise classes and /or pre and post Programme assessments. To contribute to the attraction and retention of new and existing participants and the development of the programme. To be responsible for supervision, operation and control of participants within your designated coaching area. To take responsibility for the smooth daily operations of the Exercise on Referral classes to maximise usage and to achieve customer service delivery objectives.
Reporting Line: Sports & Community Development Manager
Direct Reports: NA
Working Relationships (Internal/External):
- Management Team
Main tasks and responsibilities:
- Develop and deliver safe and effective physical activity sessions for the Exercise on Referral programme
- Assist Health & Wellbeing Officer to identify gaps in current provision levels and develop and co-ordinate activities/opportunities where appropriate.
- Ensure System 1 is used and updated in line with programme KPI’s
- Attend meetings, liaise with internal and external partner agencies where needed in order to deliver client focussed schemes.
- Provide regular monitoring and evaluation reports as requested.
- Ensure that all activity sessions activities are risk assessed and the delivery of exercise sessions comply with Health and Safety regulations.
- Maintain appropriate professional qualifications and undergo continuous professional development as required
- Assist with visits to GP surgeries, and to support the programme work and objectives
- To establish and maintain good relationships with participants, motivating and encouraging participants on the Exercise on Referral Programme to adhere to a regular physical activity programme.
- Carry out pre and post programme assessments of participants and devise appropriate activity plans for each individual
- Refer participants to the One You Hounslow Health Advisors where appropriate
- Ensure that appropriate standards of conduct are always complied with.
- Ensure the efficient and effective operation of your sessions, be responsible for equipment set up and security, where appropriate.
- Undertake your sessions according to the programme timetable and ensure classes commence at the designated times.
- Carry out telephone follow-up calls where appropriate
- Assist in the communication and promotion of the Programme’s services
- Maintain customer records of their activities and lifestyle programmes ensure system one is updated
- Establish and maintain good relationships with our customers, ensuring that an appropriate ambience is maintained in the facility, making customers feel welcomed and valued, with due regard for the Equal Opportunities and Diversity Policy and Customer service standards
- Ensure the safety and welfare of staff and users of the centre, through the operation of all Health and Safety procedures and standards. Be aware of your role in managing emergencies, accident reporting and report defects as necessary
- Deal with complaints in a sensitive manner, promptly and politely in accordance with Lampton guidelines
- Always present a professional image in adherence with Lampton uniform standards guidelines
Experience/Skills and attributes:
- Exercise on Referral Level 3 REPs
- First Aid at Work Certificate, or ability to achieve the qualification within 3 months
- Understanding of and commitment to Equal Opportunities and managing diversity
- Understanding of relevant health and safety, employment legislation
- Good oral, numerical and written skills
- Ability to work outside normal hours, including evenings, weekends, public holidays with flexibility of location
- Responsible for maintaining all relevant qualifications and attending training sessions as part of normal working arrangements