Health and Wellbeing Officer – Hounslow Borough
- Salary: £27,352pa
- Full time : 40 hours
Lampton Leisure is a new company setup to manage and operate the leisure services for Hounslow Council across the borough in Brentford, Chiswick, Hanworth, Heston, Isleworth & Osterley. Our leisure centres boast a full range of facilities including fitness studios, health suites, swimming pools, indoor & outdoor courts, pitches, tracks and café facilities. It is our mission to provide inclusive and safe environments where we deliver supportive and professional services for all ages, abilities and backgrounds. Join the team and help make a difference to the local communities in Hounslow!
To assist the Sports & Community Development Manager and other members of the Sports & Community Development Team in the effective and efficient delivery of all aspects of the Sports & Community Development Programme. Adult & Health & Wellbeing lead for the Sports & Community Development Team
To contribute to the strategic development of Sport/Physical Activity in Hounslow.
Reporting Line: Sports & Community Development Manager
Direct Reports: Exercise on Referral Instructors/ Coaches and Volunteers
Working Relationships (Internal/External):
- Management Team
- Relevant bodies
Main tasks and responsibilities:
- To implement the Lampton Leisure, Health & Wellbeing Plan and lead on the adult delivery of Sports & Community Development Plan
- Experience of all aspects of Funding
- To lead on the Exercise on Referral Programme. Be responsible for the effective co-ordination and administration of the programme and to assist with the development of the programme working alongside Sports and Community Development Manager.
- To assist in the training, management and development of the EoR team of staff.
- To build upon and maintain positive working partnerships with key partners such as One You Hounslow, London Borough of Hounslow, Public Health and community organisations.
- Undertake regular visits to GP surgeries, working alongside NHS partners to devise a planned programme of training sessions, to support the programmes’ work and objectives.
- Plan and implement a pathway of activities which includes a range of appropriate exercise sessions that are within Lampton centres and community-led classes.
- To manage, and deliver where appropriate, structured exercise sessions that are safe, effective and enjoyable.
- Ensure health and safety policies are strictly adhered to.
- Undertake relevant training to the post and to identify training and development needs of the EoR team.
- To initiate and develop a range of socially inclusive Sports & Community Development services aimed at encouraging and increasing participation by low participant groups
- To establish and develop close working relationships with statutory and voluntary organisations/bodies relevant to Sports & Community Development
- To work with all members of the Sports and Community Development Team to actively deliver the Sports and Community Development Programme, including attendance at meetings when required
- To keep records, reports, statistics and carry out general administrative duties, including checking timesheets and collating monitoring information on use of services
- To report on the key performance indicators, to funders and stakeholders.
- In conjunction with the Marketing Team, develop appropriate publicity material for courses, sessions and events
- To attend as necessary meetings, working groups, committees and seminars, including those taking place outside normal working hours
- To prepare reports and provide regular and adequate management information
- To identify opportunities for attracting additional resources for Sports & Community Development activities and to develop and take forward proposals to take advantage of such opportunities
- Assisting in the delivery and organisation of sports coaching courses.
- Identifying and helping organisations access external funding to ensure the continuation of Sports and Community Development initiatives
- Working with local clubs, coaches and community groups to develop and deliver coaching sessions for adults
- Contribute to the development of plans aimed at increasing participation levels throughout the Borough with a particular focus on increasing participation in the Leisure Centres
- To assist in outreach events across the borough, to include have a go sessions and challenges
- To assist with health and wellbeing events, corporate team building and outreach engagement events
- To assist the Sports & Community Development Team in seeking external funding opportunities and submitting applications
Experience/Skills and attributes:
- Graduate with sports development or related degree
- Experience of coaching/instructing adult sessions
- planning and delivering sports and community development activities within a multi-site business
- The ability to combine clear strategic thinking with practical and effective implementation
- Excellent time management skills and the ability to multi-task
- Excellent project management skills
- Clear and effective communicator
- Knowledge of relevant sports and leisure agendas
- Knowledge of healthy living concepts and ideals
- Computer literate
- Understanding of, and commitment to, equal opportunities and managing diversity