Operations Manager - West London
- Contract: 6 months FTC
- Location: West London
- Salary: £29,910.40 pro Rata
Lampton Leisure is a new company setup to manage and operate the leisure services for Hounslow Council across the borough in Brentford, Chiswick, Hanworth, Heston, Isleworth & Osterley. Our leisure centres boast a full range of facilities including fitness studios, health suites, swimming pools, indoor & outdoor courts, pitches, tracks and café facilities. It is our mission to provide inclusive and safe environments where we deliver supportive and professional services for all ages, abilities and backgrounds. Join the team and help make a difference to the local communities in Hounslow!
- Lead in the development of robust dry side programming and drive revenue for all dry side activities, including tracks, halls, studios, creche, softplay and junior activities.
- Achieve centre financial targets and dry side KPIs, including customer service targets, occupancy targets, revenue targets, payroll costs and participation levels
- Continuously review dry side programming, developing and improving as required
- Review marketing collateral regularly to ensure it is effective and up-to-date
- Responsible for day to day management of the leisure centre, carrying out the Team Leader role when on duty management shift
- Deputise for the General Manager as required
- Deliver high quality services and standards within the centre, supported by Base Camp and internal audit
- Ensure all safe systems at work are adhered to and general building management including maintenance and repairs
- Ensure that all contracts, licences and documentation required for the safe and effective operation of the centre are in place and adhered to consistently
- Establish and maintain excellent relationships with our customers and potential customers, handling and escalating complaints where appropriate
- Ensure the delivery of enjoyable, cost-effective and safe activities
- Support the preparation of annual service plans, financial plans and statistics
- Carry out internal stock takes, end of period returns inventories of centre equipment as necessary
- Provide clear leadership with regards to compliance with all health and safety procedures and requirements, fixing or escalating issues as appropriate.
- Line management responsibilities for recruitment, induction, delivering training, appraisal, development and performance management of staff, including 1-2-1s
- Adhere to the Equality and Diversity Policy, Health and Safety procedures, operating procedures, customer service standards and uniform policy at all times
- Maintain own mandatory qualifications, licensing and CPD/ training requirements.
To work in accordance with the Company’s customer care, conservation and environmental policies and to promote Lampton Leisure Ltd good name and effective working relationships with outside organisations.
Health & Safety at Work
Lampton Leisure Ltd Health and Safety Policy and Procedures together with, where applicable, the Department’s Policy Statement and all relevant Health & Safety at Work instructions are to be considered as part of this Job Description.
Compliance with Lampton Leisure Ltd Code of Conduct
All employees have an obligation to comply with the Company’s Code of Conduct.
Lampton Group and its subsidiaries are committed to maintain the privacy of all its staff and customers. It expects all staff to handle all individuals ‘personal information in a sensitive and professional manner. All staff are under an obligation not to gain access or attempt to gain access to information they are not authorised to have.
Employees shall not discriminate on the grounds of gender, race or ethnic origin, sexual orientation, marital status, creed, nationality, disability or age and shall seek to eliminate such discrimination by others to promote equal opportunities. Employees will be afforded equal opportunities in employment irrespective of disability, gender, race, religion, age, sexuality, marital status, parental status, caring responsibilities and hours of work.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Understanding of membership management and retention systems
- Understanding of relevant health and safety and employment legislation
- Excellent verbal communication skills, including the ability to influence and persuade.
- Intermediate Microsoft Office Skills
- Good numerical and written skills
PERSONAL STYLE AND BEHAVIOURS:
- A solutions-focused team player with a “can-do” attitude
First Aid at Work Certificate
- Supervisory experience in the hospitality or service industries
- Experience of managing a team including training, development, appraisals, performance management and recruiting staff
- Experience in financial management and budget preparation, and a proven track record of meeting financial targets
KEY RELATIONSHIPS (INTERNAL AND EXTERNAL):
- Management Team
- Third party hirers/ contractors