Head Chef - fresh food - Woking / Lightwater Surrey
Up to £38,000 per annum, inc. tip share, with staff discount card, Nest pension contributions, holiday pay and structured training for your own personal and professional development
48 hours contract and 2 days off
Barons Pub Company is a successful, family-friendly, independent pub group, who are passionate about its people. At Barons we are proud to serve great food and drink and deliver exceptional hospitality and customer service. We have 10 thriving sites located in lovely settings across Surrey and Berkshire. We are looking to recruit like-minded Hospitality professionals, who want to work with a motivated, challenging and ever-evolving company.
Barons success has been firmly built through its people. We provide a culture where everyone is given the opportunity to meet their potential, and develop their behaviours, skills and knowledge through our Barons Training Academy. Developing leadership competencies that enable individuals to grow, is how we are able to deliver our high standards of food and drink service. All successful candidates will enrol in the Academy and will be given the opportunity to achieve up to level 5 Management qualifications whilst working in their role.
About the Role:
- You will drive standards and develop and motivate your kitchen team; leading by example and inspiring their thirst for success.
- You will lead from the front, setting and maintaining the highest standards of food quality and consistency.
- You will manage effective kitchen controls to achieve good gross profit, efficient ordering and stock control, as well as driving excellent compliance and standards in health, hygiene and food safety.
- We are looking for a motivated Head Chef who will not only join the management team of the Pub but also the bigger Head Chef community within Barons; contributing to monthly workshops and team meetings.
- Our customers expect a great experience every time they visit one of Barons Pubs, whether it be in the Bar or Restaurant areas, and together with the FOH team it's your job to ensure that the customer’s expectations are not just met but exceeded every time.
We have been recognised in the 2019 London Stock Exchange '1000 Companies to Inspire Britain' report, which showcases the UK's most dynamic and fastest growing companies. All of our sites have 5 star hygiene ratings and excellent TripAdvisor reports.