Club Manager/Multi Site Manager - Headington, Oxford
Reporting to: Franchisee
Remuneration: £26,000 to £38,000, PLUS target-linked bonus potential
Purpose of Role
The Club Manager is responsible for the general running of all aspects of the individual club with specific emphasis on the sale of new memberships, retention of existing members, management of staff and contractors, plus Health & Safety requirements. Depending on the candidates experience there maybe an opportunity for a suitable candidate to manage the franchisees other club alongside the Oxford site, any discussions will be conducted during the interview stage.
Context of the Role
With coming up to 5,000 clubs worldwide and 200 clubs in the UK, Anytime Fitness is the fastest growing fitness chain across the globe. With over 7,000 square feet, a new generation of fit-out, and the most advanced fitness equipment available to the network, Anytime Fitness Oxford is one of the premier gyms within the area.
This is an opportunity for a club manager to take the club to next stage and work with the franchisee to expand and take the club to the next level with the view of opening news sites.
The candidate will have a proven track record in managing a team of sales staff within a high-quality service or sales environment from within the leisure industry, who will thrive working within a very structured and successful sales process and be comfortable working to agreed key performance indicators.
A large part of the role will be to manage, coach, train and develop a team of like-minded, performance driven sales staff and – as such – outstanding communication and interpersonal skills are essential. They will have the ability to drive the Anytime Fitness culture within the club and to meet and exceed the members expectations.
If the candidate is suitable for the Multi Site role, they will need to have a car and be able to commute between both sites
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Sales: Achieve new member, total membership and income targets.
- Member Retention: Utilise Anytime Fitness systems and initiatives aimed at improving and maintaining member retention.
- Club Operations: The overall running of the club’s day to day operating requirements.
- Management, Training, and Development: Manage, train, and motivate staff so that they are capable of delivering within their required job description.
- Marketing: Development of the Anytime Fitness Brand in Oxford, increasing brand awareness, new membership sales, and revenue lines. This will involve the development and delivery of marketing plans and sales campaigns, including driving and maintaining the club’s presence on social media.
- Fitness Classes: Manage the rota of staff for fitness classes and ensure they run to the highest standard. Cover classes where appropriate, requiring a level 2 Fitness Instructor qualification.
- Health & Safety: Adherence of Club Health and Safety requirements as specified.
- Equal Opportunities: Responsible for ensuring the Anytime Fitness equal opportunities and discrimination policy is adhered to and enforced.
The Ideal Candidate
- Passionate about health and fitness, relish accountability for commercial performance, and be unswerving in your commitment to the highest standards of quality
- Naturally customer-focused, comfortable in a sales environment, and target driven with a desire to over achieve
- Great planning and organisation skills, coupled with a hands-on approach to drive action when needed – both within and outside the club environment
- Energetic, proactive and personable, with a positive outlook and outgoing personality. A sense of humour, even whilst under pressure, and ‘can-do’ attitude will help!
- Proven leader, who can develop and mentor a team of Membership Advisors, Personal Trainers and Class Instructors. Ideally with a track record of managing people within the Health/ Leisure industry, otherwise a high-quality sales or service environment.
- Excited by the opportunity to develop your own skills and establish a new club, with the potential ambition to grow the business across a number of other locations.