Club Manager / General Manager - Anytime Fitness Ilkley
With more than 4500 clubs worldwide, Anytime Fitness is the fastest growing fitness chain across the globe and over 170 clubs in the UK.
Our aim at Anytime Fitness is to provide a fun, quality, safe, social, results focused gym for our members. Member experience is what we place emphasis on. Our clubs comprise a state-of-the-art gym facility with top of the range Life Fitness equipment & private bathrooms.
We’re looking for a highly motivated and experienced individual with a passion for helping others improve their lives through health and fitness.
As Club Manager, you will be responsible for the day-to-day management of the club and for establishing your club as the No 1 Health Club in your local area.
You will have specific responsibility for:
- Sales of new memberships and generation of prospective members
- Marketing the club to the local community
- Planning key events (e.g. Member Socials, Open Days )
- Social Media campaigns, customer targeting and retention activity
- Management of the sales team, setting/meeting sales targets & KPIs, developing the team
- Management of club budget and P&L
- Customer service and retention of existing members
- Control and management of the CRM system and other systems
- Operation and maintenance of the club
- Adherence to health & safety requirements and Anytime Fitness compliance
- Ensuring existing members are having a great experience ensuring we have a first class facility our members love to train in.
What we are looking for:
The ideal applicant will have a proven track record in high volume sales and a passion for health and fitness. They will be organized, approachable and personable with a sense of fun and lead from the front.
If you can meet the following criteria, then we would like to meet you:
- You will have worked in a management role within the fitness industry.
- You will be naturally sales-focused and target driven with a desire to over achieve.
- You will have excellent management and interpersonal skills, as well as a proven track record in managing a team of sales staff.
- You will enjoy working within a structured and successful sales process working to agreed KPIs.
- You must have the ability to promote and drive Anytime Fitness culture within the club.
- You will enjoy working both within and outside the club environment, seeking opportunities to network, market and promote the club within the local community
- You will be expected to go the extra mile for your members
- You need to have an outgoing personality and be extremely confident in face-to-face meetings.
- You will be responsible for converting new leads into appointments and then closing the sale.
- You will have experience of working in a customer-facing, target driven environment, and have a proven track record of achieving results.
- You will demonstrate exceptional customer service , to ensure that our members love training at the club!
Maternity Cover- This is a maternity cover role for up to 12 months, full-time up to 40 hours per week. You will need a willingness to work evenings, weekends and public holidays as required.
What we can offer
- Competitive salary for the right candidate dependent on experience with excellent (performance & targets based) bonus potential. An opportunity to earn up to £30k OTE (including bonus)
- Opportunity to work closely with the owner and take strategic decisions.
- Continuing professional and career development, training and support including courses provided at Anytime Fitness Head office and our strategic partners.
- Opportunity to be a part of the world’s largest 24/7 gym chain
- Full autonomy in shaping and maintaining the culture of the club and it’s members – providing a real opportunity to put your own stamp on the business.
- Free Gym Membership
This is an excellent opportunity for a club/ general/ sales manager in the fitness industry to take on a new challenge in a beautiful location.
If you are interested and can demonstrate you have the necessary skills and experience outlined above, please send a CV and covering letter.
Please note: We are seeking high quality candidates only, with experience in both sales and fitness club management, applicants without the pre-requisite experience will respectfully not be considered.
Salary: From £22,000 per year
- Bonus scheme
- Commission pay
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- Night shift
Experience: Fitness /Club Management: 1 year (preferred)
Work remotely: No